changing from led to hps lights at 4 weeks of flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing from led to hps lights at 4 weeks of flower

I want to change from 3 450 watt leds to a single 600w hps, my plants are in the 4th week of flower. My question is will this hurt my plants? I am not happy with the leds because my harvest is not what it should be
    Starts
    06-19-2019
    Ends
    07-02-2019

If you're prepared for the heat, it shouldn't be a problem. You're going to need more ventilation with the HPS.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

I had a 400w hps before so I have plenty of ventilation, I wanted to try leds but they just aren't producing like the hps did. The new light has a cooled reflector that will hook to the 6" inline fan

Comment

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a little disappointed with mine too. I just moved a plant out from my 275 watt LED lit tent, to my big grow space to get the HPS on it. I like my 1000W dimmable ballast a lot. It's running in a cool tube with a hood. I've only ever run HPS bulbs, but I think I'll try a veg run with the MH bulb, just because I have it.

What I got out of the LED last summer is pictured below...I think 5-6 Oz maybe. I'm not big on weight measurements, but half a gram per watt for LED seems to be the average and I got that. What sort of yield are you getting from your LEDs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180615_205055.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	316658

Blue Dream at finish under 275W LED in 3x3 tent
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

I keep my plants very short and go from seed to harvest in about 14 weeks (I don't use autoflower seeds), the last harvest I got about 1.5 oz. per plant. I have 3 450 leds in my room, in the past with the hps i got around 4oz. per plant.I grow in soil

Comment

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't flowered any plants in soil under the LED yet. If I can manage the spider mites that are dwelling on some plants currently growing on my deck, I'll bring them inside and give it a try. (not the bugs, just the plants)

I'm just not brave enough to try hydro yet, I have a small area and I have been using Ocean forest soil. I'm kinda lazy and this is easy for me

Comment

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Hydro is a bit daunting to set up, but the results in terms of flower volume are hard to beat. I'm lazy too...I only set up and grow when the jars are all empty. Lots of very terpy weed growing in organic soil now, so I gotta try that too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X