Training age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training age?

Hey, everyone, I am wondering when to start training my girls? I am training first set right now but got a very late start on it and want to get the next round right. I have one right now that is 2 weeks and doing good. Also curious on when to start nutrients?

I normally start feeding nutrients when I get 4 sets of true leaves

for the training it really depends have you started with clones or seeds?

I know some guys that start at 6inch and others that do it between 1-2ft

Comment

Seeds and LST I just plan to tie top down so it can grow wider. I hear to start early I definitely started late on my first set. It has its 4th set of leaves right now and is around 5 inches tall.

Comment

Your ultimate goal is to maintain the canopy so it grows equally flat. This means you may need to bend some branches down or supercrop and tie them down so they wont spring back up and top them. Under these conditions you will expose more of the plant to light which grows nice buds. Look up on the website on training. It speaks volumes

Comment

I don't think you can measure using time. I wait until the plant is at least five nodes high before I start messing with it. That way it's got some decent roots under it and the pipes to recover fast from defoliation and pruning. Starting early hasn't benefited me, the little plants just take longer to recover in my experience.
          Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X