harvest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harvest question

question what is the best way for harvest? don't cut plant and leave in dark for a few days then cut and hang upside down or cut then hang upside down.

Depends on how humid your weather is. How many plants are you harvesting and how much time do you have. For high humidity take of branches and leave to dry in rack. For low humidity chop entire plant and hang upside down. Its better to harvest when the soil its dry. Everything else makes very little difference

Comment

Like 9finger said, a lot of it depends on your humidity and that was all good info. I would like to say though that if you have very low humidity, water day for harvest so buds aren't dry to begin with. High humidity, let soil dry for a couple of days before harvest.

Comment

well i live in a cold climate as of this time of year (mi). humidity can be controlled from furnace for rest of house, so prob around 50% in the rest of the house where hanging and drying happen its about 50% in room depends on stage.
        so im guessing it would be better to just cut either branches or the whole thing?
        My father read that leaving it potted for a day or two in dark then cutting down would be better for buds, i beg to defer with him but needed other advise before we harvest last two plants in that room.

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          SW Mi here, what part are you in?

• r3m1
          r3m1 commented
          Editing a comment
          good shit 9 fingerleafs, we tried a one cut down and one in pot still in total dark for 2 days, see the out come soon. sonnyhad im 15 mins from detroit.

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          R3m1, you're not far few Royal Nugs then!

We have a member here that does that leaves it in the dark 2 days before the harvest. I really don't know if that helps or not.

I like cut off branches hanging upside down, this summer I had to be careful with these really big buds I had to make them smaller for the dry/cure . It works well in my tent with a small fan circulating air
        Bubblehead
        4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
        4 Cures and a Life time gardener
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Yep, what Karlee said. A truly experienced grower here leaves in the dark 2 days before harvest.

r3m1, if your humidity is around 50%, you should do fine with a normal dry. Cut branches and hang. You aim is for the dry to take 4 to 7 days. Don't let them overdry. Watching the humidity during the cure is even more crucial.

Comment

• r3m1
            r3m1 commented
            Editing a comment
            my father was a rose Gardner for a while in his young days, has some experience. but i will more then likely be switching to the 2 day complete dark before its cut down. dry is about 4-5 depending on how often furnace kicks on. thanks a lot.

I cut, clean, hang,dry,trim,weigh, and jar.

Comment

• insomniaczzz
            insomniaczzz commented
            Editing a comment
            So you trim after the dry, not before?

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            By clean I pull off fan leaves and trim the leaves with little resin. I do my close trim after dry. If leaves got a shit ton of trics I leave them on the bud to protect it when Ina bag or pocket, I just pull off right when I break up bud to smoke.

• r3m1
            r3m1 commented
            Editing a comment
            jibber exactly how i was taught to harvest, cut clean hang dry then trim.

Once I jar be sure to check often, if the buds feel wet ,sometimes if humidity is high they rehydrate after 24hrs. If they feel wet I empty the whole jar on a plate , spread around the buds , and give them 12 to 24 hrs to dry, before I put them back in jar. This year was high humidity during drying, I had to empty some jars back out, I even busted the big buds down, I will happily report no mold in jars. Good luk , you will find out what works for your self.

Comment

Cut individual colas, trim all the leaves off and hang upside down.

Comment

Me likie that kingfish hang them high.Sorry I got carried away. Peace

Comment

I'm with kingfish
                like 60/60
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Them some purdy buds! Awesome!

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. Opened the blind for camera light..otherwise in semi dark. That was part of the harvest this month. Ended with 1.87 lbs not including tiny stuff and trim. Love the nets since damnit buds & trim can be laid out as well, then cut buds before cure.

Hang whole plants upside down, trim after drying. Dries slower and protects your buds from damage.
                The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Lama

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X