New grower questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower questions

New to the forum, sure have enjoyed reading all the great information. New grower here, first attempt. Plants are AK47, grown indoors, in soil. I have a total of (8) plants growing in (7) pots. Lights used are KINGLED 1000w LED, I have (3) of these. Plants are in the 5th week of flower stage 12/12), things seemed to be going very well, but just recently, l have noticed some browning. Not just at the tips but a couple of the plants have some extensive browning, leaves curling, etc. At first I thought maybe nutrient burn, but that seems strange since not all of the plants have the issue. I was thinking I am at least (3) weeks away from harvesting, but need to get this straightened out. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As you can see by the photos, I am not the best photographer out there, hopefully they will be able to illustrate the general issue. Thanks in advance.

How far are those mighty king led from the canopy. Looks like too close foxtailing..
    Last edited by mmmaxGROWman; 06-14-2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

And a couple of pics that humans can see. No blurple, I truly cannot see the problem.

Comment

OK, here are a few more photos of my girls, like I mentioned yesterday, a couple of them are looking kinda sick. The lights are about 24" above the plants. Just not sure what's happening. Thanks again for any responses.

Comment

Hey Henrythecat - first impressions were that they look overwatered - then I thought maybe they are crowded in their growspace - growing too close to each other. Are they in a tent? Tell us your whole story upfront and you'll get more responses. Then I thought maybe that pounding drum set could be upsetting them - hehehe.
          Forgot to say - the fifth pic looks pretty good, overall they don't look too bad.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking they need more cowbell.

I was thinking the same thing they do look good. The yellowing of the leaves on the more mature I
          s normal as they suck the leaves of all their nutrients. One does look over watered but overall they look good I would defoliate a little bit to get some air through there.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good plan - I'm never without my scissors.

• FatBoy40
            FatBoy40 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have learned to carry mine in my pocket.

Thanks. Well full story is kinda like this. Plants were clones from a friend, they went thru vegetative for 45 days, then I switched to flowering, ithas been 5 full weeks there. The plants are actually growing in my game room, its an upstairs room, not a lot of traffic there. Plus it allows me to totally control the light / air flow, etc. That AK47 does put off some aroma though....I could spread the plants out a little if that makes sense. I did water them every day when they were younger, have slowed a little but thought they may want more water as they matured. I wondered if (3) lights for (8) plants is excessive, but hey,. more light is better right? Should I get them a little higher away from the plants? I will check out the ""defoliation" on this site, since this is my first shot, I'm pretty sure I know what to do but will double check. And, alas, my drum sessions have had to take a backseat to the girls...not sure what kind of music they prefer anyway...lol.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            More lights are always better - or just use what ya got. Problem all along has been overwatering - let them dry right out before you water next. And always water to runoff. Cuz near the end you are going to let them dry out totally, then harvest. Make the plant panic a bit at the end, they'll send all their energy to the buds - some growers turn the lights off for 48 hours before the final haircut.

OK, plucked a leaf off that I thought could illustrate the issue. So, question is, does one think this is overwatering? Nat burn? Natural nutrient pull from fan leaves?

Another newbie question, since these plants are well into the flowering stage, how do I go about "letting them dry right out" before watering next time? Does that mean one day, two days, longer before watering again? I realize the watering issue has no black and white answer, the soil does feel "slightly damp" down a couple of inches. "Water to runoff", I assume that means water the plant until water runs out at the bottom into my trays? Sorry, I sound like I have no idea what I am doing here, but these have grown well, without any issue up until the last week or so. Thanks.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Your Leaf is showing phosphorus deficiency, at this late in flowering you're probably not going to be able to correct it fully.
            Pick your pot up after you water and feel how heavy it is, 2 Days Later lift your pot and see how lite it is.
            Lifting the pot for weight is the best way to tell if your plants need water.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X