HELP!! Roots light brown or redish tint cant tell after DWC water change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! Roots light brown or redish tint cant tell after DWC water change

first time grower here so i know i should post pics i cant right now but here is my question

every thing was good temp ,humidity, water temp , roots were white , i am in the fourth week of grow and it was time to change water .. (i am using the general flora nute schedule i got from this website..)
    and it was time to up the nutes by by a 1/4 so i drain out water put new ph water with nutes and done ,,, now 2 days later plants r droopy and wilting looking res is clear has red tint to it and roots appear to be
    tinted red or light brown icant tell they r twisty from net pot to top of water level and alittle bit lower but appear normal at the bottom of roots nothing in the enviorment has changed .....
    i dont know what to do can anybody help me and really wat my question is why did it do that after changing the water if we r pose to change the water every 7 to 10 days wont the plant keep doing the same thing every reservoir change why not just top the reservoir off with fresh water to avoid have roots and enviorment disturb .. or is ther to much nutrients and plants have nute lock
    i dont know what i should do go back to way things where before or just wait

The GH micro dyes your roots a little red / brown. If you have a problem, the roots will be slimy. If you're interested in a nutrient management practice that doesn't require a full change-out, search for Lucas Nutrient Formula. I drain and refill my 88 liter rez at least every ten days when I'm growing with no ill effects.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Howdy myersm99, I use the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom in my DWC setup. The dye (especially the red in the MaxiBloom) tends to stain the roots and give a pinkish tint to the reservoir. As for the droopy leaves, that happens at every water change and during the lights out time. I suspect that when the reservoir is drained, the drop in hydrostatic pressure in the plant causes the droop, at night it is a normal reaction of the plants. If the pH levels and temperatures have not changed then they should be ok. cover over any light leaks into the reservoir, including covering over the Hydrotron pebbles. Try not to open the reservoir up too often to check the roots because every little bit of light can start up the algae (as well as water temperatures above 70° F).
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

thanks for reply guys so they should recover in a few days then ... i have to open lids like twice a day to add water bottles to keep cold . cant afford chiller at moment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X