No announcement yet.

ph tester needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HappyDaze you should back off on many of your assumptions such as my politics. You could easily have furnished the simple description of what occurs when "STORING" a pH pen in distilled or deionized water as is found here at this chemistry forum. https://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=50263.0 I soaked, and it removed whatever residue was on the glass electrode.

Many years ago when using what are the yellow now $10.00 pH pens (I think I paid $7.00 then) I asked this same question https://www.rollitup.org/t/using-dis...-meter.229779/ This led me to the method of soaking the pens when readings became erratic. My pens are working fine, and reading right on. I asked my plants, and they are loving their pHd water, and nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsaw View Post
      i have bought 2 electronic ph testers that dont seem to work, can anyone reccomend a ph tester that they use
      rcsaw If you would supply some more information maybe "someone" could come up with a solution to your problem. Isn't that what this thread is about? I did PM you.

Comment

I use the droplets as a PH tester, I used for years at a job I had in the past. So the usage was second nature to me. It is also inexpensive and reliable, every time!

Comment

wow did i open a can of worms, i do have some good news. the experiment on silver solution is working,thanks all for the help

Comment

HappyDaze
            "Whatever you think "value" is...go for it....like I said above...the CANADIAN MADE NutriDip meter I recommended, lasted 15 years....I never needed to "think about it" sport, it worked every time I picked it up (probably cuz I knew how to look after it). BTW....didn't the O.P. ask why his/her meters were crapping out and for RECOMMENDATIONS?

Talk about jacking a thread and telling people what they should do?...LOL, your hatred of all things Chinese is duly noted, gotta blame someone for the state the States are in, eh? How's that wall coming along?

Nuffsed?"

I must respond to this erroneous assumption. I do not do walls. I am in total agreement with Julian Assange when he said, "the 2016 election is a choice between the cholera, and gonorrhea." The electorate voted for the cholera, but the electoral college gave us the clap! Apparently you are in the cholera camp. I must transpose american political illiteracy to Canadian political illiteracy.

Actually I applaud the Chinese who are beating the West at their own game. How is the house arrest of Meng Wanzhou coming along who has broken no Canadian law? The Canadian lap dog is once again doing empire's bidding. Maybe the imperial guard will scratch you behind the ear after you buy some more F-35s. Huawei has eclipsed all telecommunication companies. Nortel Networks is not even in the running. Nokia, and Erickson only a fraction of the business Huawei is doing. Trump is frantic that america is lagging so far behind in 5G technology. Huawei is the leader having the most 5G patents, and is doing more business since the ban. Russia (of course) and China (of course), and surprisingly Italy, Switzerland, Kuwait, and low and behold Britain is jumping on the Huawei bandwagon. The Canadian/ Chinese trade war seems to be spiraling out of control. Looks like you Canadians are gonna be eating a lot of tainted pig meat, and canola oil.

The above pH tester manual was printed by the very same company that manufactured Toker1 's yellow angular pen that he so highly touts. Sort of a contradiction don't you think? This is a new marketing technique where one product is retailed under a variety of different brand names. Since Toker1 has blocked me please inform him of his internal contradictions. I appoint you my O Canada emissary, and request that you tell him to toke on that among other things. Since you two ex-spurts (past tense of drips under pressure) don't understand the chemical processes of leaching, and ion exchange it is beyond you anyway

Kind regards,

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              HappyDaze The majority of Canadians are very fine people, but you are not one of them. Gloat on that.

rcsaw any of these meters on this page will suit you fine. https://www.amazon.com/Digital-VANTA...gateway&sr=8-4 They are all manufactured by one company, but retailed under a variety of names a new marketing strategy. These are superior to the older yellow pH pens. They have auto calibration not requiring the miniature screw driver for manual adjustment.
            Last edited by starramus; 06-28-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

thanks star, i will check them out. hey im trying to make femelized seeds spraying a female with the silver solution. the pollen saks have formed but are not making pollen, any advice?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X