Newb just starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb just starting

Gathering everything thing up for first grow bought a tent kit 32"×32"×63" then bought a bigger light 600watt viparspectra and some northern light seeds,fox farm ocean forest soil and some nutes gonna get started weekend after Father's Day gonna do 2 plants guess my 1st ? Is the height of light when my seeds pop any advice for a newb will be appreciated

I just mentioned this elsewhere on the site but my choice now is the suspend 5 or 6 100w cfl’s 6500k daylight about 2-3 or 4 inches over the pots for the first 2 weeks or so then transplant and switch a day later to your led and possibly 24-36”height to begin

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Have used the CFLs in the past, but for more numerous seedlings I use an old 96 watt T8 set up. Can do beaucoups seedlings in that 4Ft by 2ft. tray. T8s are great for seedlings.
      Last edited by starramus; 06-10-2019, 01:00 PM. Reason: i toopid

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the viparspectra lamps had dimmers...all the lighting I have, and intend to buy, from here on out is going to be dimmable to avoid having a bunch of extra shit piled all over.

If you're only doing a few plants in one space, you'd be fine just moving them off to the side to start, rather than putting them directly under the lamp beam.

If you're gonna use the 600 watt LED... https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-far...istance-plants

Comment

Thanks for your reply I will do some looking before I pop my seeds

Comment

How big should they get before I put the led on

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          I like to give them 3 to 4 weeks under T5's, then move them under Vipraspectra 450 at about 36" and lower the light each day.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X