Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Light Spectrum?

Hello,

i am am getting a new LED light and have the choice to have to it built one of two ways. The one option has UV & IR capabilities, I heard this can increase resin production during late flower. Any thoughts on which one, photo attached.

For the same price? If so then any extra couldn’t hurt. Also I hear uv light will burn your plant if it’s too intense or close something like that. Something to think about just in case you don’t have much space to lift the light away from the plants. Just what I have read so double check a lot of guys here have experience with led.

Comment

Yep they are the same price. I was thinking about going to the extra one.

Comment

Most LED lights have those uv black lights built in - most is best.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

IR photons increase photosynthesis rate and this is called Emerson Effect. IR is safe. But UV photons are not much safe specially for eyes as they carry high energy but Having UV increases plants resin production. Portect your eyes when you work with UV. On the other side UV diods are more expensive than other ones so having them will cost you more money. Generally the more UV an spec has the less PAR it contains.
          Last edited by Iammygod; 06-05-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks, the setup with the IR and UV Has a lower level of absolute spectrum value. Not sure if I should worry about that or not and go with the IR/UV one.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X