Germination problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germination problem

I've been growing 3 years now indoors and out. I have great success out doors with huge growth. Indoors been a bit different. 3 successful harvests, nothing to brag about. Been a learning curve on proper lighting in a budget. Think I fixed that problem. However, I have never had a problem getting seeds to germinate. Always had success with a small cup of water. I'm 26 for 26 except these last 2 I've tried! Afghan Kush I've grown before, and Northernlights which I have in every grow cycle. These last 2 seeds one in water 4 days didn't even split and the other nothing in 6. Most seeds sprout out of shell in 3 days. Should I wait longer I hate wasting seeds if these 2 need more time.
    Thank you
    Jayv
    New to the forum.

Hay Jayv! What I would do is fold a piece of a napkin or something like that, and then put them in a ziplock bag and put them in a worm dark place. Works every time!! I’ve done it the cup way it was a hit and miss and lost a lot of seeds that way! I wouldn’t keep them in water to long thay will go to shit! That’s my experience any way..

indoor grow box (coco coir)
    40”h 28”w 28”d is my box
    have a led grow panel 13" with full spectrum and 225 LEDS got 1 plant she’s 105days=10 weeks old and has been in flower for 36 days “Krippler” i topped her and i'm doing LST training /supercroping i have a passive exhaust system with a fan for air flow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i concur haha try the paper towel method and dont soak seeds more than 24 hours. if it doesnt work try a different strain

Thank you. I have tried the were paper towel, I had little success but will try it in a plastic bag, which I haven't before.
    Thank you

Comment

• FatBoy40
      FatBoy40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep them warm

i recently germinated 5 seeds - dinafem auto white widow xxl.
    dropped them in a small glass with 65ml water mixed with 1ml of seaweed or kelp extract.
    28 hours later 4 had sunk to the bottom and there was a floating 5th.

left those in paper towel soaked with the germination water between 2 plates, left in a warm place for 3 days.
    all 5 have sprung and are growing small tap roots.

seaweed.... it helps with germination

Jayv, welcome
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

All mine sunk after 3 days, I normally would get them to sprout, these are older seeds. Just moved to paper towels. One Afgan kush, KC Brains, my own cross of Northern lights and pure skunk I loved that came with tons of seeds. I crossed them last year. Seeds are nice and dark. Fingers crossed. But plenty more to try

Comment

Been talking to one of the most popular seeds companies about this because out of all the seeds I've grown never had a single batch of 1 strain of seeds not germinate. Well me and 1 other grower couldnt get 1 seed out of ten popped.

They asked for pictures of how I germinate, an explanation of my process, and some pics of past grows. So I told them and sent them everything they asked for. 9fingerleafs will know for sure, because he knows I talk alot and take lots of pics, that I sent them about 1000 photos with a description. They determined I could grow, and germinated like they did. I'm buried in free seeds now.

My point is I soak for 24 hours, go to rapid rooters, and then pots. On average with thc seeds I average almost 99%. With the cbd hemp I average 85% but we get alot of those and start outside.

And in rapid rooters I give them the 24hour soak and 10 days. Never had one pop after that amount of time. But have had jumbo producers pop at day 10.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Funny thing, I have had 4 seeds soak 3 weeks, threw them in the pot with new clones. They all sprouted today. Not written you. I believe skunk/Kiwi have thick thick Shell's. I think soaking that long allowed for them to soften and sprint in the warm wet soil. Should of filed a bit of the shell first but had no idea. My Peyote cookies, how ever sprout in 2 days of soaking, 2 days in soil, she has two first leaves.
          Must just got lucky. To many plants now. LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X