Pinching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinching?

So I am a newbie. I grew one plant the last two years. First year wasn't much...not very strong. But had lots of buds... Last year was better stuff...the seeds were from someone else's stash..my sister told me to pinch the plants back to make them bushier. And it works great. They were bushy and had lots of buds. Plus had to tie plants down. Is this a good method or not.....I didn't see it in the growing book I ordered. 😱

Hi GardenLady do you mean topping if so this is good. Tying it down is also good if you cannot allow it to grow tall. But the benefit is side branches grow straight up from the side of plant. Lots of good info about training for better yields on this site, soil, lighting and other methods of growing check out tutorials.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GardenLady
      GardenLady commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess you could call it fiming after reading the post from staramus.... I also wonder if I could use for clones???
      Last edited by GardenLady; 06-02-2019, 06:06 PM.

To Fim or not to Fim that is the question. https://www.growweedeasy.com/fim-you...multiple-colas

Comment

Thank you starramus. That was very helpful. Since growing house plants and garden plants. This is easy for me. Glad to know what the correct words are 😄

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It's always good to have garden knowledge with growing weed. As far as cloning it is recommended to remove lower shoots I have never tried to clone from the top cause you need a little stem for root. I'm no expert but cloned many a different plant. Welcome to the forum GardenLady i'm a garden gal also. Good luck

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm new here myself but trying some cloning from the top. I accidentally broke it off so basically topped it but instead of throwing out anything I decided to make a few clones from it. Idk the complete outcome yet but will post if interested. They were cut a week ago and are doing good. I haven't checked for roots yet but they are looking better every day so fingers crossed. I have several more from many areas on the plant to compare to. This is my first grow and first time cloning anything so don't trust 100 percent yet but I will post whether I failed or succeeded

Thank you SoOrbudgal . I forgot about the little bit of stem. I do want to try cloning. I know he w yo take roit cuttings for house plants etc. And have air layered a plant strm and it grew roots. This is a learning experience.

Comment

I top, pinch, cut, bend, strap down, break, bend, twist and tie in knots.
        Follow the stem, find the end. Click image for larger version Name: 20190412_213040.jpg Views: 1 Size: 1.02 MB ID: 304570 Fruit cake punch #B day 19 of flower flip.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn Mr.furley, I didn't know you liked it ruff.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I did forget nipple.

LOL Mr.furley
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yikes. Good thing they are Hardy. Lol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X