Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Soil with Autoflowering?

Hi there!

I'm about to start off into my first growing venture and am now preparing everything for an indoor build.

At this point I have my tent, my lights, pots, all the necessary techy stuff and now have to start choosing the "organic" material. To start off, I will of course be extremely thankful for any other suggestions besides my plans, but for this question it's firstly about the soil.

I have a pretty big grow tent second hand from some guy, should be pretty big, no idea how big exactly. Decided to go with a 600w Viparspectra LED rig and 5gal fabric pots. Browsing through the guides on this page, I was very intrigued by the idea of super soil, basically only having this organic mass do all the supplemental work for you and have you basically only checking and balancing some core values. Especially the suggested "Kind Soil" looked easy to handle and reputable.
    So my question is now, as I want to start off with something that I don't waste so much time with if done wrong in the end, going with an auto flowering strain, if this soil is suitable or if it will result in any problems with the nutrient delivery. Will it generally work and can I expect good yields, if the other conditions are held well, will they be better with regular soil and feeding? Would I have to use less?

Would be very awesome if someone could tell me of their experiences with super soil (also in general) and if it's no choice at all, if there's any other good suggestions for an organic grow.

Thanks in advance!
    LXVIII
    Last edited by LXVIII; 06-01-2019, 04:07 PM. Reason: Android's stupid

As soon as my auto Creme de la Chem seedlings are ready to transplant to their pre prepared air pots, I'll begin my third Kind Soil grow. I benefit from the ease of operation, time saved and repeatable excellent results. I'm keep it simple stupid Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2178.JPG
Views:	651
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	313364 when possible.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      hey Quirk,
      How did your Creme d l Chem turn out?

Originally posted by quirk View Post
    As soon as my auto Creme de la Chem seedlings are ready to transplant to their pre prepared air pots, I'll begin my third Kind Soil grow. I benefit from the ease of operation, time saved and repeatable excellent results. I'm keep it simple stupid when possible.
    Sounds very good so far! What about the correct usage? Kind soil states in their instructions that you'll only have to cover the pot base. How does that correspond with your picture? Can't really make it out there, how are you using it exactly? Thanks a lot again!

Comment

Never used a hot soil, so I can't help you there. But if you want something organic - use Foliar Essence. I use it early on and all it does is cause fat buds in the end.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        that is some great stuff do you use it for the grow and is that all you use ,I try and give it to the girls once a month

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Every 5 days, early on.

LXVIII checkout my last grow in a 20 gallon pot. I would recommend this soil mix I’m using. You’ll save more in the end because kindsoil you have to get new soil every grow (I think) but this mix I’m using is no till so after my harvest all I did was cut the entire plant and left the roots and main stem in there which is good for my worms. I just planted in that same soil and starting my second run no need to change the soil.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey Cali have you found that the roots and stems dont compose to well ,I was digging out my compost pile base and it had half a dozen root balls in it

I use 3 and 5 gal. "equivalent" air pots. I place 1" of soil mix pictured, in the bottom, followed by 1.5lbs. Kind Soil in the 3 gal and 2lbs in the 5 gal. Then fill with mix, water to runoff, let sit in grow environment until they lose a couple of pounds and then--I just transplanted these two seedlings.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very good info thank you quirk
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

oldjarhead100 I haven’t checked on the root ball so I couldn’t tell you but I have worms in my pot, from what I understand that’s food for them so I’m hoping they eat most of it. This is only my second cycle with this No Till soil.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cali keep me posted please , they just seem to not go anywhere I would love to find a way to compost them , I have been reading up on composting and I may not of done it right,so I cleaned out one side of my bins and plan on layering it correctly to see if a hot compost will take care of them cause I have a pile of them lol

oldjarhead100 I will keep you updated on what I find out. Have you ever heard of bokashi? it’s a way of composting that should take care of them I believe? Look it up. If not a worm bin and the benefits of that is the castings are rich in nitrogen phosphorus and calcium.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I just read about the Bokashi was looking at soil microbes and came across an article. Interesting

JohnEmad ,The Creme de la Chem turned out top shelf. No problem growing and a kick ass Indica for my tincture purposes. I vaped a couple of glass stems after a 21 day dry, just to taste, and man it was SWEET. and immediate. Glad I stocked up because they continually run out.Have a swell Super Bowl.

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the reply quirk. I have 1 CDLC at Day 24 that's big, bushy and looking good so far. Tincture is how I will use most of the cannabis I grow so this will be perfect by the sound of it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X