Trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Trichomes

Newer grower here. I jabe a beautiful strain outdoors in ground. Im wondering if my trichomes look ready ? When should I pull her? The strand is wedding cake
    Attached Files

Hello Cc420, When harvesting it is a personal preference on the type of high one likes. The site from GWE harvest will help you through this critical time so you can make the best decision on what you prefer. Speedy /work /couch or anything in-between. I like mostly cloudy. Hope this helps your decision. Good Luck ! Good Growing !!

Comment

I used a magnifying app . in your personal opinion how does it look. How do my trichomes look

Comment

Need to take a better look at them on the buds and not the leafs.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	312977
        Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Im gonna try and to take a picture of the buds hopefully get an opinion on pulling. I habe no problem waiting. I just dont wanna wait to long and lose any thc

Comment

Howdy Cc420, great looking plants! From what I could see, the tricomes on the leaves look as if they are about 80% cloudy now, but One must look at the condition of the tricomes on the buds. I prefer to harvest when the tricomes are approximately 15% to 25% amber (more amber if You want more of the 'couch lock' effect). Just from the photos that You posted, I would let them go for another week or so, until some amber shows.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Cc420
              Cc420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you that I guess was my question you totally answered it for me. Im gonna go snap a bud pic right now. Hope to hear back from you.

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cc420, great photo! the tricomes on the buds look even cloudier than the ones on the leafs. In the second photo, I think that there may be one that is amber, but it might just be the end of a pistil poking into the shot.

DW2 is right - wait at least 7 - 10 days and ask again.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks dw2. Im just afraid to let it grow to long and lose all the thc. Im gonna give it a few more days or so snap a few more pics. See where shes at. In your round about knowledge how far till you think a good plant like this would be at it's prime?

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Howdy Cc420, I do not know because of several factors; first, I do not know how old the plant s are or how long they have been in flower, secondly, the environment of the growing space (wattage and type of lighting, etc.), thirdly the time required to mature varies from strain to strain and plant to plant (within a given strain).
                With my setup (220 watts of CFL lamps at 5000°K and 2700°K (mixed 50/50)) my grows have varied from 21 weeks to 28 weeks. I have only grown from some old 'bag seed' that I had saved over the years, so I do not have any direct experience with any of the newer strains. The best thing that I can tell You is to watch the condition (clear, cloudy, or amber) of the tricomes to determine when to harvest. If You want the most THC (as much as the genetics will allow) then harvest when all of the tricomes are completely cloudy. If You want a more relaxing effect, let them go until some of the tricomes turn amber. I prefer mine at around 20% amber.

Sweet thank you. Its actually an outdoor grow no added nutrients. Just the sunshine if I remember correctly I started the plant late February early march. If I could guess a height with out measuring her...I'd say shes about 2 ft. Tall. Strain is wedding cake all buds are growing up the stalk to side leaves or stems which I thought was quite odd. Also the few fan leaves it dkes habe only contain 1-3 leafed leaves if that makes sense.

Comment

Auto correct. I ment to say there are no other stems that the stalk so it's just one straight plant lol.

Comment

一You need a high magnification magnifier! Look at the trichomes from the side (the top view tends to trick your eyes, because you will feel they are white! Actually it is still transparent!) In my experience they should take time! Your photo is not clear enough; I am not sure about the time! Hope it helps you! I like to harvest when they are milky white!

Comment

Alright guys this is an update I waited 2 weeks and 2 days I just took these pictures. Whatcha think. Think she's ready to pull ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The pictures a kind of blurry, sorry.
                      Can you post one of the whole branch/plant?

I’m flushing and pulling today 😊 if you look close you will see amber. Most growers want at least some amber

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X