Funny story and a couple questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny story and a couple questions!

So, a week ago I decided to germinate a single blackberry punch seed from my small stockpile of seeds. As I've grown accustomed to from my experiences with New 420 Seed Guy, I had a tap root the next morning, and a sprout the day following. Everybody does it different, but I soak my seeds till they sink, then put them in the paper towel. I put the towel in a baggie, LOOSELY, and set it in my microwave. I close the door and cut the range light on, which keeps it warm inside the oven. This time I put the seed in a peat pellet after the tap root started. I put the peat pellet in a little tupperware with the lid sitting loosely on top till I saw the beginning of a sprout. Next it went on my window sill. The picture was from this morning, a week from germination. Here's the funny part. My girlfriend was in town last weekend and when I got home the afternoon after I put the seed in the pellet, she had taken it out of the microwave and set it on the counter. She asked "where did you get the brownie?! Geez, I'm glad she didn't take a bite! So, my question is, since this is going to be an outdoor, back porch grow, should I leave it inside under the 18-6 until I move to a bigger pot, or should I go ahead and train it to the outdoor sun schedule as it is now? I just don't want to goof it up by having a time switch. Thanks ya'll!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Your girlfriend would of got some healthy fiber LOL Depends on how warm and how much natural light your getting from window? I'd let it veg under some t5 or cfl I use a 54w curly spiral per plant at about 4" distance gradually adjust height. Get it ready for transplant into final container, give her a good foundation for the outside elements. Or if all is good weather wise in your area could just put it near a window with strong all day sunshine just may stretch it out a lot then you may have to deal with supporting the it so it doesn't fall over. I'd go with the veg. light and build up the stalk and leaves. Yep final answer LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

"As I've grown accustomed to from my experiences with New 420 Seed Guy, I had a tap root the next morning, and a sprout the day following." Not everyone has had such a fortuitous experience with new420guy's seeds. I noticed of late that he moved out of CA. Does any one know where he has set up business now? He made some promises to a number of growers on this forum that he never kept.

Comment

• purpleman
        purpleman commented
        Editing a comment
        Geez, starramus, I hate to hear that. I'm a fairly new grower and had good luck with most of his seeds, and he replaced the ones that didn't grow. All input is valuable.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have read he moved to Nevada,

NEW GUY MANAGEMENT LLC, PO Box 1253, YERINGTON NV 89447
        I have to wonder IF this move has to do with the bad seed he had,,,,, is a name change next?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X