Hermie gone to seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Hermie gone to seed

Crazy. I have a hermie that pollinated itself and has already produced developed seeds. Does it make any sense to keep it growing ? I had separated from my 2 females as soon as I determined it was a male/ female.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by MrCozmoz View Post
    Crazy. I have a hermie that pollinated itself and has already produced developed seeds. Does it make any sense to keep it growing ? I had separated from my 2 females as soon as I determined it was a male/ female.
    I would, if possible isolate and let it continue to grow, that plant can become a valuable seed bank asset.

I am not suggesting you sell the seeds, but store them for future use or as Christmas gifts for like minded friends.

By the way when it comes to storage for seeds do not use Baggies, they provide little mechanical protection from damage and their is something in their chemistry that, from my experience, causes the seeds stored in them to not germinate, what I have found what works well are standard white pill bottles.

Comment

I too would put it in a room by its self and let it finish. I would save the seed and use them (as well as gift some)

I do not like baggies either, I see some kind of bug (ok I dont really see it, just its poo) get in and eat all the seed, I use glass,,,,

Comment

Enjoy the seeds, and enjoy the smoke.

Comment

Howdy MrCozmoz, Was the plant (that hermied) from a feminized seed or female plant? I f so, then the seeds could be female as well, but outdoors, it could have been pollinated by a male plant up wind and could turn out to be anything.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• MrCozmoz
            MrCozmoz commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure about the seeds being feminized , a friend gave them to me . The plant has looked like a hermie since I first saw the clear evidence of male pollen sacs bot also female pistils, etc.

Thanks for the advice folks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X