Can you cut rockwool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Can you cut rockwool?

I germinated this auto Dark Purple Kush seed, thinking I had time to await my rockwool delivery from Amazon, which should arrive today. But he took off like a bat outta Hell! Is it too late to plant him? The rockwool is 1 1/2” variety. Can I cut the rockwool after soaking, in order to fit this massive taproot inside? Using 2” net pots, covering with hydroton.
    Sober, drunk, or fried... Barrelride!

Howdy Geezis, The rockwool can be cut (more like controlled sheading! LOL) by using a fine toothed hack saw blade. Be careful to wear a dust mask (even with the cube wet) to prevent inhaling any particulate matter as the particles of it would be as bad as asbestos on your lungs. The manufacturers even recommend a dust mask when handling the cubes at all. Just split it down one side and unfold it to place the root in it.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Geezis
      Geezis commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do! Thank you, once again. You are such a helpful person, and I appreciate it very much.

How'd it go Geezis that was abit of a challenge i'm sure?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geezis
      Geezis commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, thanks for asking! The pic didn’t do the problem any justice, as by the time my rockwool arrived and was properly soaked, the seedling had grown through the paper towel. With some help, I managed to wiggle it out unharmed, got it planted in the rockwool, and set up the top feed. The cutting of the wool was simple, although about 1/4 of it snapped as I was inserting seedling. I put it back in place, and it fit snugly in the 2” net pot. A layer of hydroton and a ton of light are in order today.

It always makes me cringe when the tail starts to weave its little tiny hairs into the paper towel. When it happens I don't pull it out just cut around it and plant it with attached piece of towel. You might know that already, just for future info. seems to not bother it at all. Have fun !

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Geezis
      Geezis commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, we were getting real close to doing just that, but another light wiggle or two did the trick. Seems to be thriving now, my first auto.

Well sounds like you did it all correctly with the transplant. We can't wait to see the progress

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X