First time harvesting, nearly there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time harvesting, nearly there?

Hi, my first plant, (which is a tiny 8" bad start)
    has had buds growing for 3-4 weeks now,
    the white parts started to go brown and curl, but for the past week or so, they don't seem to be changing any more,
    is it time to harvest yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_183102.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	309524
    Attached Files

Imo 3-4 weeks isn't long enough for flower. Is it a photo or auto? If you wait another couple weeks I'll bet they fatten up for you. The pistols are still mostly white. Do you have a jewelers loupe? That would give you a better idea when it's ready. The trichomes should be mostly cloudy before you flush. Hope that helps some

Comment

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at your pictures you have a long way to go

It'a an auto, it had a bad start due to wrong lights and soil etc, in retrospect my 2nd plant is only 6 weeks old and already 18" tall.

this one is very tiny but the buds are still growing and it's getting stinky, I can't for my big one to grow though.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it will still be a decent smoke!

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      With an auto she should be in the beginning of flower. Beside the brown hairs how does the rest of the plant look

• Geotropic
      Geotropic commented
      Editing a comment
      How old is this plant? It may go 12+ weeks.

Another week has past, and it looks pretty much the same, but smells a lot stronger.

(Geotropic) I started this at the beggining of Feb, so it's at least 12 weeks old now.

I'm so tempted to cut it now. Should I do it, or wait another week?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190514_071155.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	310578
    Last edited by Jayce71; 05-14-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Good morning Jayce71, Once most of the pistils turn brown and curl you're close, if you don't have a loupe yet I would urge you to get 1, less than 10 bucks or so. Looking thru the loupe at the tricomes you will see clear, cloudy and then some amber. The more amber there is the more couch lock affect there is, and less amber will be a speedier high. I chop mine when there is about 10% amber.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
      IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Agreed on the loop. It’s tough to wait to chop but the buds will get more dense and bigger in the last few weeks. Generally if there are more white hairs growing it still needs time but the trichomes will tell the story.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X