Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New member breaking the ice and asking for some help

Hello All,
    I am new here. I have been reading the topics in this forum for a while but have been reluctant to post anything for a few reasons : I'm slightly paranoid about growing, I'm
    inexperienced in forums, and I'm new to this amazing hobby. I am a huge fan of the grow weed easy website. I have read just about every article, tutorial, and review they have published.
    You guys in this forum are rockstars! I feel like I have made all the mistakes one can make and have learned immensely from them. However, there is one thing i can't get right. I'll start
    with all the grow details I can give and let you guys see if I can be helped, lol. I'm growing in a room in my basement. The room is about 8' x 18' x 7' high. I have it exhausted outside with
    a carbon filter inside. The temp and humidity are kept around 70 degrees with RH around 45 for flowering. I am using a vipraspectra V600 LED light 12/12 at manufacturers recommended distance from canopy.
    The plants are in 5 galoon buckets with organic soil with some vermiculite and perelite mixed in. I use the general hydroponics flora trio with cal/mag. I've been using about 3/4 recommended
    mixture dosage, watering every 3-4 days as needed. the problem seems to start about 4 weeks into flowering. The leaves start to show signs of possible phosphorus deficiency and bud growth slows down.
    I dont have any pictures to upload at time, but if you look on the website under phosphorus deficiency thats what it looks like. It seems like the ph is off. Here is my problem, I cant seem to adjust the ph of the soil. I believe I have nutrient lock out. The last grow it was to low and I couldn't get it to increase,I added some lime to the soil when I started this grow and this time its to high and I cant get it to decrease. For instance, 2 waterings ago I watered with 6.2 ph nutrient solution and the runoff was 7.4. the last time I watered with 5.5 ph nutrient solution and the runoff was the same 7.4. I'm sure the ph pen is correct and have verified with the ph drops. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a fellow enthusiast? I sincerely appreciate any help you all have to offer. I can try to add some pics tomorrow. Thank you.

Have u tried a flush? Run just ph water thru it to flush the salts out. Sounds like nutrition lock out to me. I'm a new grower myself tho si could be wrong had a similar problem only reason I think that's problem.
    1 grow Oceans forest fox farms soil
    800 watt roleandro cob led
    1x amnesia haze auto 3x wire widow auto
    2x2x4 tent
    2 grow.
    Oceans forest and perlite soil
    16x 4ft florecant
    3x mystery photos
    5x5 tent

Comment

Welcome JohnTyler341 to the other side of the Forum.
      What brand/kind of organic soil? Do you water once then feed the next time? Or just feed every time? And of course pictures of the plant help.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I used "Harvest Organics" Organic Potting Soil Mix from Lowe's this time. I feed every time. It is a Brainstorm feminized from seedsman. I only get on here from the computer at school, thats what took so long to reply. I can add pictures soon if you think it will help. thank you guys for the responses. I really appreciate it. I hope I can help other someday! She is looking pretty rough, I'm not sure I'll make it to harvest. I hate having to start over once again.... Mr. Furley, you always seem to have good advice, Thanks for all you do for the community

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Crash1518 is right on, JohnTyler341
          You need a good flush. Sorry that they are rough but you can save them,
          Get yourself 6 gallons of plain water, PH the first 2 @5.5, PH the next 4 @ 6.5. And run all of them in one sitting. Make sure you check your runoff each time and if you have some sledgehammer add it to your last two gallons. It take a bit and you may need a couple more gallons then that, make sure your pot drys out afterwards before you feed again.
          It dont matter what you give them, if your pH is off they can't access it.
          Do you by chance use city water?

I'll try it tonight. Thanks you so much for the suggestion. I have well water. Is that bad, in your opinion? What is "Sledgehammer"?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          First off from the pictures you will make it to harvest.
          2.) Your plant can benefit from calcium magnesium supplement with well water.
          3) a larger pot could help your next grow, I highly recommended fabric pots.
          4) https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/item/b...dgehammer.html
          Give a good flush and good luck.

• JohnTyler341
          JohnTyler341 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for all the help guys. Mr. Furley you do so much for the community. The flush worked great. She made it to harvest. I cant thank you enough

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Deal JohnTyler341 my pleasure
          congratulations on your Harvest.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 05-28-2019, 04:19 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X