WTH? Cutworm..... Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTH? Cutworm..... Really?

So I was tending the girls and noticed some half eaten leaves. So I got to digging and a little defoliating, and I found a damn cutworm. I know these things will destroy tomatoes, but I have never even heard of anybody having them in their bud... so just got me wondering.... what's the weirdest thing you've ever found on your girls?

Got a pic? Is it green with a horn? If what you have is a cut worm, we put egg shell in the soil as it is said to kill them.
    I found a bright red grass hopper setting on a bud, it did not move when I plucked it off and pulled it's head off! There are some really weird looking bugs out there.

Comment

No pic. But yes, tomato hornworm. First time I've ever had any pests in my plants. Of course I'm all inside and only my 3rd time on my own. Last time I found a brown recluse next to a grow bag. Like it? No. But I kinda treated it like a guard dog.

Comment

Keep an eye on them, when I find 1 on a matter, I usually find at least 5!
        WOW it got to the inside crop! I have hornworms here, mostly they stay in the trees, when I do find them my chickens luv the snack!
        I have been bit by a spider in the past, I dont allow them in the house! Slept for 2 days,,, but that fiddle back is deadly!
        The dude up the road plants tobacco next to his tomatoes, as a sacrificial plant, claims the bugs go for it over the tomatoes, if it works should work with MJ too!

Comment

• SkunkyMunky
          SkunkyMunky commented
          Editing a comment
          What about the tobacco diseases that crossover?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X