LED Lights optimal distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lights optimal distance

Hi, I have a Viparspectra 600w led light, the guide says to keep it at 18" to 24" from the top of the plants, but this seems miles away to me,
    I currently have it at 10"-12" and my plant seems to be growing well, but is it far too close? I don't want to hurt it. my plant is 6 weeks old BTW and 12" tall.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190501_162505.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.89 MB ID:	308556

Just go by what the plants are telling you. Read over light burn a couple of times and go with it

Comment

Agree about reading the plants. I have the 450w and I have it closer as well and I have no light burn. Same with my other LED.
      2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
      6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
      Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
      260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Luscious
        Luscious commented
        Editing a comment
        Will that light flower 2 plants? I currently just have one under it and 4 additional 100w LEDs. Its growing fast just wasn't sure how many it would flower

• WizardsNThings
        WizardsNThings commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it would flower two. I've had it doing autos right now for about 38 days and it's fine.

They seem very happy when as close as 6" with no burning, might get them closer, I'm running a few fans as well to keep the plants cool.

Comment

I got the exact same light and even i leave my lights 1-4" closer to the top, i didnt get any light burns. Btw i noticed that your led is VEG on only, but after your plant has passed early veg stage which your plant seems like passed that stage, you should turn on the BLOOM switch too according to the manual of the viparspectra 600w.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          True that what Maner says, your plant is in flower switch both on. Then you may notice some different reaction to the plant. I have two 450 R models. I go by manual on distance then judge it by plants reaction an adjust. I like to stretch them out abit for more bud length hence i keep it higher. Keep up the good work !

My blue one is 7 weeks old today (18" tall), it's a female G13 haze, I thought it needed to stay on blue for 8-10 weeks?
        Last edited by Jayce71; 05-08-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Geotropic
          Geotropic commented
          Editing a comment
          You should have the red (bloom) on by now, you're wasting growing time. What is your light schedule? Is this auto or photo? You can run 24/0 and get your training done. Your plant is about to be mature, if it isn't already. Give it more light while in veg.

Are you doing any training? Or are you just letting it grow naturally?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X