Covering net cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covering net cups

I'm on my 5th dwc grow. I have had fairly successful grows until the last one and I got root rot despite using hydrogard. I was wondering if any of you cover your net cups to keep light out? This time I video tested for light leaks before I added water and some light was filtering thru the slits in the net cups. This time I covered them so that just a small area around stem is open but it looks like I'm starting to get RR again. Very frustrated! I used new totes, new water pumps and hose, basically everything that contacts the water or roots is new. Any thoughts?

I take some black white polly, cut it to the shape of your totes and just cut a small hole for the stem. Are you using hydroton in your net cups?

Comment

• Joker
      Joker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I use hydroton in the cups.

Howdy Joker, If in doubt, cover it up!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I always cover mine up and if pails are white then I do the same with the panda film and have the white on the outside for light reflection. You can cut a circle for the top the same size as the pot and slit to the center then fold and made cuts so it ends up looking like a pie cut into pieces at the center to allow for the stem growth to go through.

Comment

I put duct tape over the net pot to cover it light sucks below ya buds.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Joker, what changed from the successful grows to the root rot? What's your water temp?
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats the thing...I'm just not sure what may have changed. The last grow I used the totes pumps etc from the previous grow, I just sanitized them. I thought this time I wouldn't have any problem😖

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            Temps in the mid to high 60's

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Joker With those temps, I would conclude that it has to be a light leak. At least, that was my experience. I had to get on the floor on my back and lift my reservoir lid to discover the leaks when I had to deal with root rot.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I will post pics of the roots tomorrow, hopefully it's nothing but me being paranoid 😉

Comment

Every once in a while I have a bout of root rot from light now I just use duct tape. I got a sure fire plan to get rid of it now. I also have switch from hydrogard loved it. To slf 100. Love it more. Now days tho I go the first 3 weeks useing an aeroponic set up in my dwc bucket and that really makes them young roots grow. I have spent alot of time working on my root growth. I grow autos so roots are everything to me.
              It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Joker
                Joker commented
                Editing a comment
                I will look into that slf100, thanks!

• Joker
                Joker commented
                Editing a comment
                Just ordered some slf100, thanks for the tip.

Looks like the one has it for sure and the other may be starting

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X