help first time grow in soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! help first time grow in soil

AS it says in tittle new to soil grow my ph is around 5.8./6.3 All of my plants are growing very slow and take almost a week to drink all the water in there pots ,But dont show sings of over watered moving my light a bit away more seemed to help the{900 watt mars hydro ii} /my tent is 4x4 light is about 27 inches after moving ,Not even close to what I Was told led are supper close but as you will see in picture my plants are a month and 1 week in veg and there small AF and just getting bushy not growing taller ,I also have toped the ones in black pots once The ones in black pots are white widdow 3 months old .........smaller ones are about 1 month 1 week in veg

That first picture looks like the planter is too small for the plant. The roots want more space.

Comment

Thanks For the Response @CaptPicard I cheeked that a few days ago and the roots were just stating too hit the inside of the pot and did not go all the way down or a root ball of any sort worth bragging about that was my first thought also ,I dont know too me there not ready to transplant your Thoughts on this ..Would be great-full

Comment

If your pots are taking that long to dry out something is off. Thing I'm seeking so far.
        1) you ph needs to be between 6.0 and 7.0
        Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!

2) you could have used to mix a little more perlite in.
        3) plant risers and drain trays help with air circulation under your pots they shouldn't be sitting on the ground or in water, I highly recommended them.

what is your temperatures and humidity?
        are you running fans and exhaust/intake?
        what brand of soil?
        What are your watering practices/ schedule?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hello B and welcome to the GWE forum! If I may ask , what type of soil are you growing in and what is your water / feed schedule? They look under watered,( droopy). Color looks real nice!

Comment

Hey all II took some better pictures Colombo and Mr.furley and my temps are 70 ish lights off and 78 lights on the soil is HP pro mix ,Humidity is around 45 is to a max of 60 after a water <I WAS over watering at the start of seedlings cause it seemed they needed water almost ever day .I was trying to water ever 2-3 day but the pots were holding too much water and had to wait basically a week 5 days or so .I last watered 04/16 3 outa the 4 do not need water only one could maybe get some water but it is noticeable the difference in water weight in the 4 pots /////Pots are 1 gallon plants will be one month old 04/24/2019 seem to be a bit small I have a buddy who started after me and is 3 times the height size ,He is growing in coco and with hps /While im using led and soil

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello B, If your plants were stressed as seedlings they are already behind schedule. I grow in soil with 2 - 300 w LEDs and use 5 gal smart pots, Lg solo cup to 5 gal no inbetween size. Going to 7 gal pots ! Your plants are big enough to transplant to a 5 gal. pot and start a regular water/feed schedule.
              The pro mix HP stated here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYx_5XWCyPY says low water retention and the small pots I believe are your problem. If when you transplant, fluff the outer soil edges with roots gently before putting into new pot. As Mr.furley stated get the pots on a rack for air circulation and water drainage.
              When watering, water to drip from bottom of the pot (not sides). Don't compare your grow to anothers as your soil, lights, feed are not the same! Read the factory hight to canopy inches and start there and adjust the hight based on your plant leaves. Pointing up to the light means they love it, turned down, too much/not enough, you have to find the balance/sweet spot. 1" can make a big difference. Soil PH, water/feed, and patience will get you there. Good Luck ! Good Growing !!

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Pro mix is borderline soil grow, I have no experience with it and see a lot of problems with it drying out on here due to the peat/ moss. The ones that have it dialed in and love it, maybe they'll chimed in.
              Your plants definitely need to be transplanted to a bigger pot.

Thanks mr.furley and Colombo I think me over watering at seedling had them stunned and that is why they are so small I think I will see we’re they are in a month and hit flower . I have leaned a lot since then and can clearly see a difference in my first seeds whit widow and my 2ed batch of cloeie cookies I took some pictures today to me they look good are are bouncing back just can’t twll if they are worth keeping if bud will be even worth personal smoke let me know what are your guys thoughts I appreciate both of your help 😊

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey B, Usually the plants you think are questionable grow the best bud. They look good and will take off in growth. You will be surprised at what Mother Nature can do.

Ok thanks again Mr Colombo much appreciated I will keep posting in about 3 days or so and hopefully everyone is having a successful garden can I see a few pictures of your two gardens

Comment

How would you say these are coming / do you think it’s too early to transplant them into a bigger pot 3 gallon there currently in 1 gallon and also was wondering if you have ever seen a plant leaves become almost like rubber all the other plants look normal .Hope everyone is having a good weekend enjoying there garden

Comment

• Boricguitar
              Boricguitar commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry I dont really understand what you mean too be honest by My general rule of thumb is when the plants leaves and growth tips reach the edge of the pot, Mr.furley .Do you mean the older growth on the bottom or from the top <If these were yours Would you wait a bit more before moving to 3 gallon pots or they look ready I also started them in the 1 gallon pots dont know if that has an effect on them ,Next time I know better and to start in a 4 inc cup

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              The plants roots are as wide as the leafs when look down from the top, they're ready and can be transplanted two weeks ago.

• Boricguitar
              Boricguitar commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome thanks Mr.furley I think I gotcha now < I will transplant them today then Looking forward to it .Just have to wait for my tap water to settle a bit ,Have a great weekend everyone

Thank you That is what I was hoping for , .I wanted to top more of them but I'm worried Id mess something up <I dont plan to stop growing <My next one I would like to try the more complicated stuff like SCROG AND like LST ,But this being my get back into it grow I want to just do a simple run under my belt I seen the photos Mr.furley posted so I deiced I would try it on one lol

Comment

Hey B ,you have the right mentor ! You won't go back to normal growing after using LST and Bending tecniques. LOL. The results speak for themselves. I used it here on this grow 2 wks away from finish. #44
              It only gets better ! Good Growing !!

Comment

So I took some pictures today this is them after a transplant ,not even 24/h into new bucket and They normally drop when lights are off ,But today I woke up to a supersize that they are drooping more then I have ever seen is this a sign of maybe a bit over watering again /transplant shock ? never seen them drop so far down when I transplanted them into the 3 gallon pot I used about 1.2L of water at 6.0 temp was 71.3

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are just getting used to their new home, could be a little of both. They should start looking better in a day or two
                  How did the roots look?

Too be honest the roots were stuck to the bottom of the pot and I had a really hard time getting them out I could feel them ripping outa the smart pots >They were White tho not brown or discloured and did not really smell IT smells like a plant <But There was no root ball from what I reamber in plastic pots the roots go around in Circles ,But in air pots they prune once they hit the sides I had A million Little white roots going threw out the soil and THE soil itself was like a dense ball of roots .But I Have not seen them droop this much before

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The riping is why they are dropping, they are sad but will recover. For future information either transplant out of the smart pots alot faster or use a black plastic one pot first and a large smart pots for your final pot to avoid tearing roots.

Yeah I think I Will switch to plastic pots. But Now im in the predicament If I should go buy some now and do it or just let them finish in there and then start new next batch

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your next round of plants get some for your young plants but don't mess with these plants except to water for a week. If you want to "do aomthing" for them, a little seaweed or super thrive the next watering would be good.
                  Here how i move though the first 4 weeks of pots.
                  Shotglass of water
                  Jiffy cube
                  4" plastic Sq
                  1.7 litter plastic round
                  5 gal fabric pot till harvest.

OK thanks Yeah I had a buddy tell me to just start after germ in a 1 gallon .I should have started smaller Thank you Mr furley Much appreciated I hope too be able too post in a few days with a recovery

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep us posted
                  Good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X