Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yellowing and falling leaves (soil - near windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellowing and falling leaves (soil - near windows)

hello.
    i'm growing near windows. less than 12 hours of sun per day, but it has been going fine.
    it seems to have just revealed its femininity.
    the problem started some weeks ago. yellowing flowers which will eventually fall. more completely so in the lower branches, but the upper leaves, including the new ones, are getting kinda burned on the thips, with bad shapes.
    i'll try to capture it in the pictures.
    is it lacking in nutes?
    thank you!

yes it seems like the soil doesnt have enough nutrients in it, also the plant its too big for that little pot. i would transplant into a bigger pot. maybe you can get your hands on some nutritious amendments to mix with the soil. or you could make compost teas, look that up, im assuming you dont have hydroponic nutrients. are you able to get bagged soil? could be online or maybe home depot, anything BUT miracle grow. never miracle grow

Comment

thank u so much for the reply!
      what do you mean by bagged soil?
      i actually bought the earth i'm using in the supermarket.
      i'll research for nutrients, then. are there any specifications i should be aware?
      just so you know, i'm from brazil.
      thanks a ton

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yes bagged soil is earth in a bag, just like you said from the supermarket should work fine. once the plant is in flowering mode it wont grow much taller, but the plant needs that room for the roots, otherwise it will have issues. just get some more earth and a bigger pot (:

also: if i transplant into a bigger pot, won't it grow even more? i'm already kinda out of space

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X