pick when ripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pick when ripe

Just wondering if anyone else out there that doesn't take their whole plant at once? I take my main buds when ready then 7 to 10 days later I take the second when ready. This can improve your yield, as well buds that's just as fat as the first cut and just as potent. We do this outside so I've done the same inside with great results.

Yes this is a good technique I used to do a staged harvest. This last time I had a stronger light and kept them in flower for a bit of extra time. I tried chopping entire branches doing quick leaf trim leaving all the sugar and small bud leaves then hanging the whole thing. I found it to dry slower and the cure is super smooth.

Comment

I check the Trichomes on several locations on the plant. If they look the way I like them, the whole plant gets chopped.

Comment

Originally posted by fray View Post
        Just wondering if anyone else out there that doesn't take their whole plant at once? I take my main buds when ready then 7 to 10 days later I take the second when ready. This can improve your yield, as well buds that's just as fat as the first cut and just as potent. We do this outside so I've done the same inside with great results.
        That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I was going to use the tent to dry he buds and control humidity but if I can come up with another option I like the idea of getting the lower stuff a chance to grow more.

Comment

Here's a great article from one of the resident Growers

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Great read, great information, thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X