Hydroponic grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroponic grow

I have grown hydropnicaly many years ago things are not going like days of old i am using gh flora trio do i add nutes all three weekly or do iadd as ppm tells me to thanks

I add weekly. I find that you run into big problems if you try keeping your ppm up. Different nutrients absorb at different speeds. I've had nute lock out and nute burn from it. Just add plain ph'd water to top off during the week.

Comment

Hi Caper, welcome to the forum. I grow hydro; I change my reservoir out once a week and add the new nute solution. And I flush the plants with pH'd water every few weeks for 24-36 hours.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Caper
        Caper commented
        Editing a comment
        I purchased 25 seeds 15 aouto 10 reg fem pnly 4 popped and they struggled i never beflre had trouble popping speeds i tried. The sellers method. Tried. The method i always used. Paper tow0el in a bag on the hot water tank. Never had a problem in the past. I believe. The problem came right from the seed company.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Caper That's a real shame. You could try letting the seller know; sometimes they replace seeds if a bunch don't germinate.

Howdy Caper, I am currently (harvesting now) on my eighth hydroponic grow. I have used other nutrient lines, but now, I use the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom line (with supplements) and I have had very good results by following the GH feeding schedule posted on their web site. There are schedules for all of the different methods and nutrient lines. I feed the recommended strength once a week and at mid week, I top off the reservoirs with pH'ed water. I completely drain off the reservoir at the end of the week and start over.
      Good luck with Your growing.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Caper, I do not use a ppm meter, I am (and have been) going by the recommended amounts of the nutrients per gallon from the feeding schedule (RDWC for MaxiGrow, MaxiBloom) listed on the General Hydroponics web site. I do get a little nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves, but not enough to worry about. I do check the pH levels (with litmus test strips, not a pH pen) and One can notice the shift in the pH rising as the nutrients are taken up (start out at 6.0 and by weeks end it moves up to 6.25 to 6.5). I think that by feeding the maximum recommended amounts at the beginning of the feeding schedule and then at mid week adding only pH'ed water (at 5.75 pH), allows the plants to take up all of the nutrients, as different nutrients are best taken up at varying pH levels.

• Caper
        Caper commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there buddy i picked up some cal mag today and some root booster do you use these things in days of old you just planted a seed gave it a bit of fertilizer poof you had a plant. Ithink its getting to nurdy.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy Caper, I do apply a small amount of a root enhancer to the rockwool cubes before I place the sprouted seeds in them. I have not used any of the CALiMAGic with my past grows because the local water here is very hard and I have not had a need to supplement the minerals, although, now, the city has supplemented the water supply (mostly from wells) with water from a surface reservoir (lower calcium content) and I my need to start using a supplement, I'll just wait and see what changes there are when the city puts out it's annual water quality report.

I add nutes as directed every time i top off getting great results

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X