Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AN sensi coco schedule. Am i reading this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN sensi coco schedule. Am i reading this right?

I'm doing 4 x 3 gallon coco coir ( first grow).
    i bought AN Sensi Coco as its cheaper than GH and Foxfarm. The 2 part formula seemed simpler to tackle for my first grow. Anyway, i was playing around with their nutrient calculator and honestly didn't know how much fertigation i would be needing so I sent em an email full give me a basic schedule. This is what they said:

"When it comes to coco coir you will need to apply moisture to the medium daily as a min ideally twice per day. The amount of nutrient rich water you will need is 1.25 liters or quarts per gallon of coco coir. this will help get that 10 to 15 % run off you are looking for.
    base nutrients
    cuttings and seedlings……………………………………………………………….1 ml per liter
    small plants approx. 7 in……………………………………………………………2 ml per liter
    medium plants approx. 12 in…………………………………………………….3 ml per liter
    mature plants approx. 18 in or bigger………………………………………4 ml per liter"

this is in line with some of the printed schedules. What caught my attention was the needing around 1.25l per gallon of coco. That means that I'll need roughly a gallon of fertigation per plant ? I bought 1litre of grow a+b and 1l of bloom a+b. At that rate, will i need nearly 3 litres of nutes over 8 weeks of flowering?
    First grow started on April 17th, 2019.
    4x4 Grow Tent
    2 X 240W 3000k QB (lm301b). 24/0 light cycle.
    Canna Coco medium, 3 gallon fabric pots
    AN SensiCoco Grow + Bloom w/ tap water

Growing:
    2 x Mephisto - Chemdogging
    1 x Mephisto - Northern Cheese Haze
    1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Chopped June 30th, 2019. Final yield: 716g plus 329g of larfy buds.

"base nutrients cuttings and seedlings……………………………………………………………….1 ml per liter"

so this reads 1 ml per liter and you need 3 liters for your pot size.

3ml of nutrients in 3 liters of phed water to water your 3 gallons twice a day.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't use this line but I've head you mix "B" first then "A" to your water. Maybe someone else will know if this is true.

So i should have bought the gallon jugs of grow and bloom instead of the 1 litres? Lol
    4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
    1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      1000 milliliters in a 1 liter bottle. You need up to 12 ml per pot x 4 = 48 ÷ 1000 would be 20 plus waterings with nutrient depending on the plant size, like I said I don't use this line I use Fox Farm and grow up to 10 plants in different stages year around. I go thought a liter of the big bloom every 2 months, grow big every six months and have had the same bottle of tiger bloom for 2 years.

Nutrient companies job is to sell you more of there products, with that said most of us don't feed full recommend doses but only use 1/4 to 1/2 the recommendation and some of us do not feed/water two times a day, there is a lot of ways to grow in Coco. I personally only water when my pots are light when lifted and only feed every other watering which works out to about ones a week vs. Twice a day.

My suggestion would be to start watering only ones a day alternating plan phed water to runoff one day then 1/2 strength feeding the next.
      If you get tip burn, back off the nutes.
      If your leaves start to turn light green or yellow add more nutes.

This is not a cheap hobby and you will sooner or later need more of something.

How old are your plants?
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 04-03-2019, 10:04 PM.

I don't use the coco line but with the regular sensi a and b, I only use half of their recommendations. I find it's plenty. Of course every strain has different requirements. And Mr.furley I've never heard mixing b then a. I wonder what the reasoning would be?

Comment

And I find the 1 litre bottles usually last me almost 2 grows. Maybe 1 and a half. And that's with 4 plants. I wouldn't feed every watering though. I grow hydro so I'm not too sure about coco.

Comment

Thank you Mr.furley!
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I haven't started yet. It just seemed like a lot. I wanted to make sure i have enough on hand for the size of grow.

Does the roughly 1 gallons per plant, per feed ( to achieve 10-20% run off) seem accurate with 3 gallon fabric pots?
        4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
        1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you will achieve runoff.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X