Week 6 of first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 6 of first grow

Hello all. This is my first grow and first post. I am posting a picture of one of my buds beginning week 6 of flower. I have a question about once I start flush at week 8, do I need to begin more aggressive pruning (like to lolly-pops)? Once they are cut and on hangers to dry, is it okay if I change my lights out to my T5 and leave on 24 hrs for my next grow? Or do I need to dry them somewhere else?

Thanks for any input.
    Attached Files

Bud looks great! Don't need to do any pruning if you don't want to. Dry them any convenient place you have - I use a closet - just don't dry them under lights.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

wow, that looks great, mine at 6 weeks looks tiny, may I ask exactly what type and size lights are you using?

Comment

Hi Jayce71. Here is a link to the light I am using in flower: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        If that does not work, it is MarsHydro Mars 600W Updated Led Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certificate.

I have 3 females (started with 5 but 2 were males) growing in a spare bedroom closet, approx 4 feet wide by 3 feet deep. The light *could* have been larger, but I didn't want to spend more money on it because this was going to just be a one and done grow situation (at first). I was given some seeds and felt compelled to do something with them. I think I am hooked now since I have a second grow germinated.

The strain is grape og. The bud I posted is a representative sampling. There are many that size. Also, wanted to add that I use the Green Planet 3 part nutrient kit. It has a chart that I have followed pretty much exactly during the flowering stage. I also followed the chart during veg but maintained the *week 3* protocol for 3 additional weeks in veg. This was because I was going to be out of town for a week near the end of veg and I didn't want me pet sitter to have to worry about lights, etc.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Jayce71
          Jayce71 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do have a 600w Mars LED light, for when they are flowering,
          they are only 2 weeks old at the moment so I'm using a 200W Omega deep blue CFL. for 5 plants,
          they seem happy, but is 200Ws enough untill flowering time?

Don't go by charts, amount to feed, when to harvest, they lie. Being patient now is very important to your harvest.

Comment

Thanks, Primo. Copy that. I do have my magnifying glasses and am watching trichomes closely. Some of my confusion about this end-of-flower/harvest phase was cleared up after reading the tutorial on this site. It was thorough, complete, and I felt like gave me the most specific information about this phase than anything else I have read.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X