No announcement yet.

Mystery Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I cut off one top bud from each plant last night...both had some amber up top but none below...pistils say 80-90% dark up top and ~70% down low? I sampled a bit from the low bud i cut off last weekend. it was plenty strong, but definitely a bit racy...not sure if that was because it was cut too early...or not cured...or the strain...or maybe I smoked too much?? been reading all I can about trichomes and clear/cloudy/amber...too much information. also been staring at trichomes through the loupe all week...i think i see clear and cloudy and amber all at the same time. needless to say i'm totally confused. going to sample some of what I cut last night tonight. if it's good, i'll start chopping monday. any advice from the experts?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope it kicks your butt.

chopped down the first stage on 5/6. put 3.8 oz in jars this morning. been sampling plant #2 (BiggBunny) all day out of my new harvest celebration rig. second stage is still under the lights. waiting for them to dry out then i'll give them flush and chop probably next weekend. very pleased with the quality and quantity

Comment

• JuanHondo
      JuanHondo commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! i only had all those lights on to take a decent photo. they are hanging in the basement so it is usually dark with Rh 50-60%.
      Last edited by JuanHondo; 05-13-2019, 06:08 PM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      JuanHondo My bad oh profound one!! I went back and looked at the photos again: what I thought was light streaming in from a window was indoor light. I deleted my wrong assumption. ;-}

• JuanHondo
      JuanHondo commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha no worries. I certainly appreciate the comments and double checking my process. second stage got a flush with just pH adjusted water tonight and it's looking pretty done...will be coming down end of week or this weekend.

second stage came down yesterday...looks like there could be more than the first stage. hanging in the tent drying now. I think I might try dry trimming for the second stage.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Juan, they look fantastic hanging to dry!!! Congratulations on your harvest!!!

Ok i've finally got this all wrapped up. 2nd stage went into jars before the holiday weekend...another 3.4 oz which brings my overall total to 7.2 oz...way more than I need. I gave away an oz. and 6.2 oz is also way more that I need. Found a good bit of seed in the 2nd stage. I have ~50 seeds which look like they might be viable...many more in the trim pile. BiggBunny moved passed the nanners and had a lot of what looked like full blown male flowers. 2nd stage buds were also a good bit smaller than the 1st stage. I don't think i would go for a staged harvest again...maybe if I had known genetics...I think I'd be more inclined to do an aggressive lollipop and defoliation...or maybe some strategy to target 1oz/plant as quick as possible...

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Hola Juan, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The buds down below (2nd stage) are always gonna be smaller cuz they never got the same amount of light when they were developing. Which is why we try to expose as much of the cola as we can to the light. But it still makes just as good smoke, even tho it looks puny. Oh, and BTW, you got any more of those free ounces you wanna get rid of? ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X