DWC - What size reservoir for 3 plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC - What size reservoir for 3 plants?

Hello! I currently have a 14 gallon reservoir with 3 plants in it. Is this size enough for 3 plants? Should I get a bigger container or should I get rid of one and just go with 2 plants per container? Will the yields be significantly larger with a third plant?

Thanks!

I would only do one plant per reservoir. I've done 2 in one tote and plants fight each other for room and roots fight for nutes
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I'm the middle of first grow using same tote. I started with 3 plants in exact same place as you and I quickly ran out of space.

It's true that the remaining 2 root systems compete for space and tangle like Cloud mentions, but 2 per 14 gallon roughneck is working ok for me. Big reservoir helps with ph and temp.

If you decide to move forward with those totes, definitely no more than 2 plants and i would additionally recommend that you add an easily accessible hole closest to tent entrance. This extra hole is used to measure, refill, etc. as it will get very difficult to reach that center hole.

Good luck!
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

Howdy guabasa, I have been growing in ten gallon totes, using only six gallons (the remainder of the space provides some root 'air space') for water. This is (or was) the Bubbleponics set up with six 3 3/4 inch net pots in it. I have had up to four plants make it thru a grow at a time, but they never got very big and some struggled to finish. The best results were when I had only two or three plants in each reservoir, so I would say that the minimum quantity per plant would be three gallons.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X