Plant hermied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant hermied.

So this is my first grow. (I'm a few days over 9 weeks since flowers started showing, thought I'd see a bunch of amber by now). Checked on the plants this morning and saw a little banana. Freaked out and started checking the rest closely. Noticed another branch with one, and another branch with what looked to me like a seed forming? I ended up taking down those 3 branches early, 2 from one plant, one from another. I'll be watching extra close for now on but in this case what do you guys normally do? Continue on? Start flush now? Or harvest immediately to prevent more?

Was i a bit rash in my decision to cut those branches down? I wasn't too heartbroken as my tent is too damn full as it is. Just worried that that stress might make matters worse.

(Was having a hard time keeping the scope steady for trich pics)

It looks like there's some amber trics. I'd say you're safe to start flush imo

Comment

Howdy Jsimo, Yup, those certainly are nanners, but don't panic. Let them go until the tricomes are the color that You want. The worst thing that can happen now is some 'free' feminized seeds! Unless You miss one and a joint explodes in Your face! LOL!
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Ok guys thanks. I'm gonna stew on it today and see if i wanna just start the flush or wait another week or so, these seen to be taking forever

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I would pull a bud and do a quick dry and give it a taste and count any seeds in it. If you have actual seeds they would be a minimum 2 wks max 6 wks, their grow cycle. At this stage the plant energy is transfered to growing seeds and not tricones. Look at it in natural light but I think you are good to go. Good Growing !!

I decided to start flushing last night. This morning i can see what seems to be a few seeds forming on my biggest cola. Checked my trichs in a few different spots last night and I'm more confident now in harvesting, saw quite a bit more amber than i had originally saw. How long would you guys flush for minimum in dwc? I was planning on a week but if it's going to keep trying to produce more seeds in that week i might cut it short. I did use some gh florakleen in the first flush, was going to run that a couple days then switch to plain ph'd tap water

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          The part that sucks are the seeds you don't see deep in the bud, they look good until you dry them. Then your eyes open real wide and the first words out of your mouth are Whaaaat The Fuuuuuck !!! Been there LOL. I would chop it hang it and cure it. The more seeds the less to salvage and smoke. But save the seeds you have. They are always worth trying to grow. JMO. Good Growing !! Should be good weed !!

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Colombo, The last three grows of mine (including the current grow, to harvest next week) were all using hermied seeds. They produced some seeds (last grow 12.821 oz. of bud (363.4 g) with only 387 seeds!), so far with my current grow I have only found two seeds, so far, in testing the bud.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a real good sign, hope it's the same for the whole plant ! Caught early saves a lot of the bud quality.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X