Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Nanners on buds

Hellow growers,
    I have been growing pan dragon as a fun little experiment. This is 2nd time 1st grow had nanners on buds and produced about 20 seeds in 5 oz of bud. I am worried that these plants no have developed nanners as well. The environment is fine 400w hps, ocean forest soil, ph is 6.3. Foxfarm gringo rasta nute schedule.

Here are some pics. Its begining of week six on aa 10 week flower and some pistils are curling in and turning brown allready. Brachts ate swelling.i opened some up and there is a tiny green ball inside no seed yet. Hope they arent polinated. Please help here are pics. I dont know if I'm tripping or there really are nanners on.my plants.

Hi Jzloklikovits, The first and third pictures are lovely buds, and I don't think I see any nanners on them. But the middle picture isn't as clear, and I think I see yellow things that do not look like pistils--but I can't see them clearly enough.

I got seeds on one grow--one of the plants turned hermaphrodite--but the bud was still excellent, and many of the seeds were quite immature.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Jzloklikovits
      Jzloklikovits commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I'm a little paranoid because I put in alot of work and really dialed my environment. Last harvest had about 25 seeds in 6 oz but the buds tasted awfull. Dried and cured maybe a little too fast. Thank you it makes me feel better that u think they look good.

Hey Jzloklikovits, If you start to see your trics stop production and disappear the cycle may have changed to seed production and no longer trics/THC. Your plants look ok. I have read this before and trying to refind that information. When I do I will post it. Good Growing !!

Comment

Thanks 4 plants were from a breeders experiment. I just found a small under developed seed. I know my anatomy terms may be wrong but u get the point. The plant with the seed looked like its trichomes did stop producing. Supposedly ins a 10 week flower so I'm going to see how things look in another two weeks. Thank you

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck!! I'd like to see some more pics...

Howdy Jzloklikovits, Nice looking buds! I agree with alltatup, I did not see anything the appeared to be a nanner, although nanners can vary in size and could be over looked. If this will help You out, here's a photo of a nanner from a couple of grows back.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Really great pictures, DW!! Very helpful.

Thanks I already found 1 immature seed. I think it's just the genetics of this strain. I looked really close at all the buds couldn't find anything that resembled bannanas. But why would I have found a seed if there weren't any. It's got me really scratching my head. This is my 2nd grow with this strain. The 1st had a few seeds as well. 3 other plants of a different strain are in the same tent and those had 0 zero seeds.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting!! So if you get a few immature seeds, the trichome production must be good and strong. That's where all the energy is going--good for you and your bud!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it make viable seed or just empty shells?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      If the seeds are immature they won't germinate.

The seed was immature. I had another crop get polinated a few years ago. The female grew stamen (bannanas) and polinated itself. I cut it down early but the smoke was horrible. My thought was that I was grinding premature seeds and smoking them. But trying to search the bud for seed I only had about 15 mature seeds out of a pound on herb. Maybe I'm being to critical.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X