Trichome Colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichome Colour?

I don't know what stage these trichomes are at some views seem cloudy, an other view is clear and one of the pictures appear to have one or two amber trichomes. I want to harvest but, not sure if they are ready. I think they have been in flower for almost over Three weeks now.

Howdy Madurcrazy, Yes, that's what I see in your photos (nice clear shots!). The buds a constantly building, adding new calyces throughout the flowering cycle, so there will all ways be trichomes in varying stages of maturity. When the average reaches the level that You wish, is the time for harvesting. One can harvest the buds individually as they mature as well. I like to wait until the majority of the buds are cloudy with some turning amber (approximately 10% to 15%).
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Madurcrazy
      Madurcrazy commented
      Editing a comment
      My Fiance says that each type of trichome gives a different high, is this true? (ex. Amber trichomes give a relaxing calm high)

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Madurcrazy, From what I under stand is, that when the tricomes are cloudy, the buds have reached the maximum THC, and when they turn amber, is when the 'couch lock' effect comes in. The CBN is supposed to develop during the curing time of the buds. I have found that, for my needs, harvesting when there is around 25% of amber and then let the buds cure for three to four months in the jars, gives me the greatest relief for aches, pains, and stress.

Hi Mad, yes, very nice bud shots. What percentage of the pistils/stigmas are brown?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Madurcrazy
      Madurcrazy commented
      Editing a comment
      idk they seem very spread out but it worried me. I can't tell what stage they are at, I guess it is just the lighting. I wish I had clear photo examples of what to look for.

Hey Madurcrazy, try looking at the trics in natural light, it makes a difference in what you really see and helps with the decision making. I found under the bright lights you get a lot of colors from them transposed onto the trics for a false read. Your buds look close to harvest but it's all preference. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Madurcrazy
      Madurcrazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I will try that next never thought of that.

Madurcrazy commented
    Yesterday, 04:20 PM

"idk they seem very spread out but it worried me. I can't tell what stage they are at, I guess it is just the lighting. I wish I had clear photo examples of what to look for."

You can't get much clearer than this.

As a beginner my big mistake was trying to check under an HPS. That just doesn't work. Under a CMH you are good to go.

Comment

Tried taking a photo of them in natural light, seems like a lot of cloudiness I suppose.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like they are getting there. That is the best way to look at the condition of the trichomes, with the light source behind them. I have found that with the light source behind the camera (or loupe) the trichomes surface will reflect the light obscuring the true condition of the trichomes. When I take shots with my iPhone, I always try to remember to turn off the flash!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X