Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some trichomes jumped directly to brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some trichomes jumped directly to brown?

The buds are looking good. Conditions in the tent are great. Everything looks good. I think we're going to make it.

Now the question seems to be, "When do I chop?" I'm guessing about 3 weeks. The only wrinkle I see in any of this is in a pic below. It looks like I've got some trichomes that are just baked. They are too close to the light is all I can see. And I apologize for these pics. It's really hard to take pics with this microscope. I'm working on it.

In the meantime, have a look at these trichomes and let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD trichomes 1.png
Views:	312
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	298442

Name:	BD trichomes 2.png
Views:	240
Size:	879.7 KB
ID:	298443

Name:	BD trichomes 5.png
Views:	231
Size:	860.2 KB
ID:	298444

Name:	BD trichomes 3.png
Views:	243
Size:	876.0 KB
ID:	298445

Here is the image in question. Notice the brown tips on the trichomes.

Name:	BD trichomes 4 brown.png
Views:	231
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	298446
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Which lighting are you using, and how far from the top of the plant is it?

Comment

Probably time to start flushing. They ready when you are now. They keep fattening up while flushing with clear tap water. For 2 weeks or more in my experience. Good growing !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
        Probably time to start flushing. They ready when you are now. They keep fattening up while flushing with clear tap water. For 2 weeks or more in my experience. Good growing !!
        Any tips on flushing a 30-gallon DWC hydro setup?

Thanks.
        Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a lot of water. Perhaps just like a 3 gallon tank. Only more. Save more on nutrients.

• madams9
          madams9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it was originally designed for 4 autoflowering plants in a small tent. Wound up with one photoperiodic plant. It was a surprise, but this is the tank that I have. So, the 30 gallon reservoir is what I have. Any suggestions?

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can get a place downhill to drain it siphoning is easy. Other wise just pump as much as you can out with the recirculating pump. It'll be good anyhow. Flushing is very much a personal preference thing as far as DWC goes I've skipped it entirely at least once . It was still good smoke. Have fun !! It is going to be Great !!

Originally posted by starramus View Post
        Which lighting are you using, and how far from the top of the plant is it?
        It's a 600Watt Viparspectra LED. There are only a few inches between the top of the plant and the light itself. Here are some pics from a week or two ago. It's about the same still thanks to some LST.

From Week 13 (currently week 15).

Name:	BD Week 13 clearance.png
Views:	128
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	298575

From week 12.

Name:	BD Week 12 structure 20190217_202415.png
Views:	137
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	298576

Because this was supposed to be an autoflowering plant (a friend gifted me that seed which was supposed to be Blue Dream auto) but obviously is not. I've worked with it and harvest is looking promising, but I really have no practical experience with this. Ive read and learned a lot, but don't actually know what to expect from all this. I would rather chop a little early than a little late. I've got some time pressure as of the first of next month and need to plan on getting this stuff lined out so that somebody can take care of seasoning while I'm out of town for a week.

From the looks of these trichomes, I am encouraged. I think I'll be chopping in 2, or at most, 3 weeks, but again, I'm not sure about the whole progression. So, what do you think? 2 or 3 weeks? Maybe?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X