Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Grower Need Help

Bonjour,

I am a first time grower and need some help. I have attached a few photos for your reference. First two are from 24 hours ago. the last three are from about 30 minutes ago. My question is, why does it appear to have 4 new stems/nodes from the main one, after I topped it? and yes I really do believe I topped it and not FIMed it. now a little back story:

1) Hydro System in a professional grow closet(25 gallon reservoir)
    2) being fed at 330 PPM(instruction recommend 450PPM)
    twice a day
    I use a water filter(leaves the purified water with 15-20 PPM as a base)
    I check PH every 48 hours and its never outside the 5.5-6.5 range. I use the digital and PH drop testing just to be sure
    3) waited till the 5th leaf was showing signs of growth
    4) Used sterile precise plant snipper
    5) cut the whole stem right before the 5th stem was growing
    6) Strain is LSD

recovered in 36 hours and new leaves and existing were already getting bigger. within 72 hours, the plant leaves got huge and very thick stems but 4 stems are purple/green(the oldest ones). now the 4 new leaves are already growing nicely, but no real height has formed. Plant feels like its been that high since sprouting.
    To its credit. that plant is a survivor. only one out of ten that survived germination(i got really really high and fucked a lot of things up) left in the dark for 48hours after sprouting(2-3 inches tall), very milky and transparent stem for the first 2 weeks. to much light and food. Then, i flushed it with just water for 2 whole days. during that time i switched it over to a 18 to 6 light schedule. emptied the container, cleaned it and replaced the water and reduced the food PPM greatly, and replaced the LED lights to T-5 Side lights, and it really started taking off, except growing taller wise. The plant in the photo is exactly 38 days old. and still pretty tiny. Hoping for some help.

Dont have water on your plants leaves. The light will Intisify through the water and burn/ kill your plants leaves

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      this was the first thing i saw as well. completely agree.

thanks. im assuming thats whats causing those mini yellow burn looking marks on my big leaves.

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      Im a beginner as well but id say no nutrients for the first 2 weeks. Ive only used soil so far - a super soil base with a coco top layer. you should consider autos as well great for first time growers

Bonjour, It looks like you FIM'd it. You topped when the new bud sites were very small, and there was no internodal space to cut a few mm above the bud sites. If you didn't FIM by accident, there would be nothing new growing there.

From gwe:

Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	298092
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-13-2019, 05:21 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks. itt does appear so.I have attached two photos of the plant taken this afternoon. Can I still Top iit again or is that over kill? 1 plant in a 3 feet by 2 feet grow closet.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        If it were me, I'd wait for her to pick up some growth and speed in her growing.

• FrenchGrassAssorGas
        FrenchGrassAssorGas commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah sorry, i was going to wait till they grow out a fair amount more. One last question if I may, when should I switch to my LED Light? its a K3 XL450 Series 2(450w Equivalent) everything I read mentioned led being very harsh and using a few T5 side lighting was a safer/better choice. And thanks for your help.

Thanks Bonjour for your question.Growing your own cannabis can be a fun,but it can also be challenging & expensive.
      Follow different factors need to consider in order to step up your growing.

Step1: Consider climate
      climate changes may influence Cannabis highly because temperatures above 86 F will cause your plants to stop growing.Also temperatures below 55 F can also cause damage.

Step 2: Pick a location
      Plants can grow outdoors in containers that can be moved arounf depending on the weather & location of the sun.

Step 3: Acquire some soil
      Soil is made up of 3 basic components
      . Clay
      . Sand
      . silt
      Step 4: Get Some Fertilizer

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X