F2,F3,etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2,F3,etc.

What does the F2 etc. mean? I notice when buying seeds some have this at the end of a strain name.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

It's the stage of stabilization a strain is in.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190312_073026.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	297854
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      From my understanding of genetic stability... and please note I only know enough to be dangerous. It’s the f1 and f2’s that are most stable.
      The P1 are the pure land race strains... F1 is the result of breeding 2 p1 land races together. This chart doesn’t show it, but there is F1b also, which is the result of a F1 hybrid x p1 land race. F3...f4...f5... and so on are all the results of hybrid breeding. The further you go along in the generations, the more phenotypes you will typically see.
      It is not rare to see novice growers wondering what IBL, BX or S1 mean. While they may seem useless, these acronyms give plenty of information when we know their meaning. In this post we tell you some basic concepts of cannabis genetics so you can fine-tune your choice when purchasing seeds.

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Toker1, That helps me understand much better. I'll check out the link and see what I can learn, not that I'm going to use it but it would be nice to understand it.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. It’s good to know when purchasing seeds... because if the information the seed breeder provides is accurate, you can estimate how many you will need to pop in order to find that one desired pheno.

Ok, how does this apply if P1M and P1F are the same plant?

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn’t matter if it’s from the same strain. You will stabilize the traits for the next generation.
      Last edited by Toker1; 03-12-2019, 05:39 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X