Citric Acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citric Acid

Hi everyone. Its the first time I'm planning to use silicate.

after adding 0.25 mmol/l K2O,3.13SiO2 to the RO water, ph increases from 7 to 9.3. Adding 0.625 mmol/l H3PO4 decreases the ph to 6.8. Dissolving 2.0 mmol/l Ca(NO3)2 | 1.5 mmol/l Mg(NO3)2 | 0.25 mmol/l NH4NO3 and finally 0.75 mmol/l K2SO4 ph stabilize at 6.5.

Now i need 0.125 mmol/l Citric Acid to reach ph 5.8. Is this dose safe? Is it possible and safe for me to add more Citric Acid allowing me to add more Potassium Silicate?

Here is the plant grown without silicate
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190311_175928.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	297694

Last edited by Iammygod; 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM.

Silicate as I understand it strengthens cell walls making the whole plant stronger. Why do u want your ph to be lower than 6.5 ? It looks like your growing in soil, isn’t 6.5 optimum for soil grows? I use silicate every other watering with no problems. Lol

Comment

I usually shoot for 6.2, but according to NebulaHaze you should vary the pH a bit.

NebulaHaze quote Soil ~ 6.0 – 7.0 pH

In the wild, cannabis prefers a slightly acidic soil environment. For soil an optimum root zone pH for cannabis is between 6.0 and 7.0, with the most time spent with a pH between 6.2 – 6.9. It’s a good idea to let the pH cover a range instead of always adjusting to the exact same pH number.

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        The ph safe range for soil is between 6 and 7 that’s true enough but I’m talking optimum uptake of all nutrients at 6.5 not at 6.2 or 6.9 as seen on the ph charts, no lock out for me.

Soil? No, I'm growing hydroponicly in coco/perlite! The question is about Citric Acid dose not the ph. Citric acid adds Carbon feeding microorganisms. So too much Carbon can mean less oxygen availability.

as far as know, soils naturally contain silicon but it does not exist in hydro naturally.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• Iammygod
        Iammygod commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 2 acids; Phosphoric and Citric. Because of the NPK ratio i dont want more phosphoric acid at this point but i still need more than 20 ppm Si. 

what dose of Citric Acid can be used safely?
        Last edited by Iammygod; 03-11-2019, 12:00 PM.

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        I only use citric acid to adjust my pH. not sure how much ppm I add. anywhere from about 0.3ml-2ml usually. I also use ArmorSi

• Iammygod
        Iammygod commented
        Editing a comment
        What product? It has Citric acid alone without phosphoric acid and Potassium dihydrogen phosphate?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X