Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 2 good cannibas strains. AND a update Snow moons 2 seeder --need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 2 good cannibas strains. AND a update Snow moons 2 seeder --need advice

I am a new grower. I have started 2 Snow Moon plants last Monday. (they are not doing well. one grew with the seed and its head. the other poked out went 1 inch 90 then started upright.). I have them in Jiffy pellets and have had them with the clear top on them. going 18/6 with a Cirrus Evo LED 24w in a drop light 24 inch's away. I may have had the light to close. nothing on the site or box about light height. they are still alive just look sick. so today I put the light to 38" and put a small light breeze on the uncovered. lightly mist sprayed them this morning with distilled water.6.5 PH. When can/should I start Nutrients. I have the General Hydro- go Box for my happy frog/perlite soil mix? I am a easy going guy so I am not playing with them or checking them 5x a day. just letting them do the thing. When I started this I thought to me self "SELF" you bought all the best stuff. you got the best help you can get via Growweedeasy.com your patient Strong mechanical background. Above average intelligence Unbreakable will with a natural drive and instinct to excel and be competitive. I now know there is going to be a learning curve. Had high hopes I could grow these 2 seeds and learn with out killing them. And I still may. So are plants that are or have been COOKED at a young age going too be ok? will they have needs other than normal? can they ever be normal? Will they simply grow and be unproductive? A menace to society? Seems I have a lot too learn. I knew and now know its going to a bit harder than I thought. UNDETERRED I am pressing on.

OK...…

Looking for advice on 2 different strains.
    looking for above avg THC Yield
    Short flowering time and trainability
    and forgiving for newer growers

----------I know I know we all want 900g in 5weeks with 2 days of light no nutrients and grows in Ramon Noodle and juice.--------

looking for one motivating uplifting talkative and pain relieving for day time

and one for night time relaxing calming and overall sense of well being -high pain relief- Zonk

I know there are lots of site's Do you get what you pay for? So I am asking for something that you have done and/or used ?
    P.S. you guys know I don't par-take but I love my women and I do this for her.
    Thanks in Advance Boone
    Also feel free to message me for seed / strain selection. I don't kiss and Tell.
    Last edited by boone; 03-10-2019, 12:26 PM.
    You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Hey boone - don't partake - to each their own I've been partaking for long time and find that I understand cannabis plants better for doin it.

I also grow for my woman - the only time we smoke together is just before bed. She likes to get a buzz as well as have the smoke help her go to sleep. Easy to grow, lots of THC and CBD - Bubba Kush - get the autoflowers. Just harvested one yesterday, from seed to harvest - 99 days.

Another one I grow for us both - Purple Stilton - Revolver is another strain I have grown.

Good luck growing.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      Hey boone - don't partake - to each their own I've been partaking for long time and find that I understand cannabis plants better for doin it.

I also grow for my woman - the only time we smoke together is just before bed. She likes to get a buzz as well as have the smoke help her go to sleep. Easy to grow, lots of THC and CBD - Bubba Kush - get the autoflowers. Just harvested one yesterday, from seed to harvest - 99 days.

Another one I grow for us both - Purple Stilton - Revolver is another strain I have grown.

Good luck growing.
      I did partake when I was younger. I am drug tested and a regular bias at work.
      You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

Hi boone, A strain may have very different effects on different people for a variety of reasons. If you go to the seed banks Seedsman or SeedSupreme, you will find all the breeders' information about effects, etc. But I think it takes some experimenting to find what you really like, and to harvest when it's at the peak of how you like it.

I mean, if you harvest a strongly narcotic type Indica like Black Domina when her trichomes are cloudy with a few clear left, which would be early to mid in the harvest window, you won't get that knockout effect that comes with later harvest and more amber trichomes. So if you're looking for late-night sedation, harvest one of the Indicas like Night Queen or Black Domina late in the harvest window.

And I suggest you read up on gwe: https://www.growweedeasy.com
        Nebula and Sirius have any topic you could be looking for over there: seedling stage, lighting and setting it up right, etc.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Roots for seedlings must b kept warm, I’ve NOT started seeds under led’s And have no knowledge of that. I start them under floresents and have had great success. Temperature and not overwatering are key to a good start. IMO Boone I have a cupple of strains that could help at night,gorilla glue or green crack when harvested late with lots of amber ( no clear trycomes) and for daytime use I would choose a salv such as Durban poison harvested with mostly cloudy and 10% amber. These are a few AUTOS that I have found that work for me. Lol
          Last edited by Potted; 03-11-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

THEY LIVE. Day 9. I took out the LED and went 100w CFL. They really made a nice come back now when can I start too hit them with my tent and LED should select veg or use both veg and flower. Going on a 18/6 right now

Comment

• SDwy
              SDwy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I have used diy cfl light fixtures for my seedlings & young clones, it's way better. The big lights burn em too much. I've always transplanted when they show small roots. This time I'm gonna try DWC, bubbleponics...we shall see. When I started growing (5 years ago), it took me nearly 2 years to take a crop from seed to harvest & actually get to smoke my own weed. It's a lot harder than it seems. I've had a lot of issues with spider mites & fruit flies, too much heat & even electrical issues. Good luck & thanks!

They can thrive and stay warm under your cfl for a couple of weeks in solos, Did you snip some drain holes in the cups? Don't over water, get a cup of dry soil to compare weight so you know when to water. Ph your water. You can mix up a light foliar spray to feed. Read up on seedlings on GWE growing basics.

Comment

I used a lighter and burned holes in the cups at the bottom. Every other 1/2 inch. The cups have sections that are great for making uniform holes. I have happy frog with mix of 3 solo cups dirt. 1 solo cup (heavy) perlite (hand mixed in a bucket). Tried a light layer of perlite on the bottom of the cup (seen it on a video might help with warming roots). I have them on a heating pad on 18/6. Should I let that pad warm 24? Watering 5ml of 6.5 PH Distilled water 2x a day with light spaying of 1/5 strength nutrients 4-5x a day. seems to be doing well. this train takes a lot on nutrients per site. From now on I will CFL or T5 light bar for ALL Seediacusous. ill have time to use that LED power to Flower later on. (mars-hydro 920 in Gorilla 2x4 extended)

Still trying to talk to Cirrus and find out why that EVO light spankerdoodled my seedings 23w LED should not have done that at 40". I think maybe the new product put out a chem or a gas that smoked them.
              ill take any and all advice right now.

Comment

Jeez boone what do you need a heating pad for when you can toast your roots with your lighter anytime?
                Hehehe - sorry about that - but - you're supposed to grow the roots first not try smoking them. If you've been following The Great Auto Showdown you would know by what Retodd did that playing with fire around ones grow area is not advisable.

​​​​​​​Okay I harped on long enough about that - seriously - grow the roots first, which makes for a happy plant. Happy plant equals big buds.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dick! 😂. I wasn’t playing with fire. I just screwed up by putting my cig out in my grow box right where the fan was blowing directly on it and it started a slow smolder that lasted for 3+ hrs. Totally fucked my girls from smoke damage. Nooooow, I did bring them back to life, but will be lucky to get a 1/2oz dry😭

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hehehe

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As Canuck licks the tears from my face.......smiling
                  PaganRich just talked about my plight in another stream the other day. Yeah yeah....first guy ever on this forum to set his grow on fire....I’m famous!
                  🖕🏿😂

One easy growing strain with massive buds and a apricot fuel smell is wonder woman by Nirvana seeds. It's a great daytime smoke good combination of energy and stoned at the same time. It's not skunky tasting at all.

Comment

Wonder woman by Nirvana seeds

Comment

• Retodd
                    Retodd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She’s so purty!

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                  Jeez boone what do you need a heating pad for when you can toast your roots with your lighter anytime?
                  Hehehe - sorry about that - but - you're supposed to grow the roots first not try smoking them. If you've been following The Great Auto Showdown you would know by what Retodd did that playing with fire around ones grow area is not advisable.

​​​​​​​Okay I harped on long enough about that - seriously - grow the roots first, which makes for a happy plant. Happy plant equals big buds.
                  Sux being new to growing .I must admit its a lil harder than it looks. Going to start auto flowers today I think. Easy peezy. going straight from germ to 5g cloth pots. then going to set my light to veg 36-40" AND NOT MESS WITH THEM. My plants at 10 days look like others at 3 days. hoping for 3 nice clones off the best of the 2 plants and start over.

Feeling discouraged

Comment

day 14 …..looks like they are going to make it

feeling better

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X