Super surprising discovery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super surprising discovery!

10 days or so back, I had made the mistake of watering my 6 close to harvest plants with their regular pH nutrient water but then I added liquid bat guano, and didn't pH it. I had not been clear apparently, that when adding bat guano, one needs to wait 15 to 30 minutes, and then pH before watering the plants. So many of you wrote in with suggestions, which were great. I am unable to flush them, physically, and was waiting for the slf 100 to come because that also is a enzymatic flushing agent. Anyway, this morning before I watered them again unfortunately without the slf 100 because it hasn't been delivered yet, I thought I would do an experiment. I made up one gallon of a perfect replication of what I had done 10 days or so ago, having added the bat guano and not pH dit. So I made up this gallon, added the back guano and that did pH it. Guess what? It was neither acidic nor alkaline. It came out to a perfect 6.5. So that tells me that the shrinking leaves on these colors is not a pH issue. It could well be an overload of phosphorus? Not sure. So I went ahead and made up they're regular nutrient line but weaker, and did not add calmag, as they are in their eighth week and the Botanicare instructions say no Cal Mag at this point. Has anyone ever had this experience with bat guano? Or shrinking leaves? On a plant that is two weeks or so from Harvest.?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

I've had a problem with the shrinking leaves right around the same time your plant is in - not sure what your humidity is, but up here it was high - shrinking leaves kinda died and went brittle and brown - I was paying attention to it cuz shortly after bud rot set in. I cut the top of the cola off and underneath the rotting part, probably 3 inches I cut off and tossed in the backyard.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147, I have Foggers in both the veg room and the 12 12 room. In my early days of learning, and studying of all this, I am now understanding that lower humidity is better for trichomes and overall health of plants close to harvest. Prior to this discovery like two days ago, I had the humidity going with these foggers that are on humidistats, around 55 60%. Since reading nebulas tutorials, I'm trying to lower it down but the person that is in charge of the humidistats and all that Machinery part of the business is out of town and I don't know how to lower it. The leaves are small, slightly curved down almost not quite Clawd. The plants looks healthy enough other than a few yellowing leaves way down at the bottom and the leaves shrinking in size. They are probably two to three weeks from Harvest I'm guessing. This is my first grow with un screwed up plants messing around with kind soil that runs out of nutrients for photo period plants. That may have sounded confusing. These six plants are pure power plant photos, that are growing in organic Pro mix. I used Botanicare nutrients. They're not in any sort of kind soil or super soil. I've had great success with Organic hot soil with autos, and no success with photos, hence that's why I grew these and just regular soilless promix.
      Last edited by Greenpassion; 03-09-2019, 10:10 PM.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      And I have no sign at all of Bud rot. I have plenty of moving air, and I'm keeping my temp cool in this 12 12 room

I have been flushing my plant once every 3 days and the leaves are turning due to the flush. If your plant is close to harvest this also occurs with some strains. In the GWE Grow site it will explain this effect. Any corrections would take at least a wk before any change and you do not want to load up on nutes before harvest. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say flushing every 3 days do you mean just giving it plain water, or are you running a whole bunch of water through the pots, like three times the amount I would ordinarily take? The only way I'm going to be able to do any sort of flush on these plants is to use the slf 100 when it finally gets here. I was planning on just giving plain water around a gallon each each plant when I start to see the trichomes become cloudy. Right now the trichomes are clear, the leaves are green but smaller than they should be I think

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine are days away and I'am flushing 1gal PH water and Molasses every 3rd day till it runs out the bottom till harvest.

Okay Colombo thank you for that.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X