Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Guys. Steneotarsonemus pallidus attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Hi Guys. Steneotarsonemus pallidus attack!

Hi everybody! ...sorry for my english in advance

We are Raffael and Leonardo from Italy.
    We started growing a little cultivo here in north Italy, we are indoor and we use coco with DTW system using quantum led 480watts.
    The plants were cloned from CBDs mothers, they've started well and look healthy for the first two weeks till we notice the classical twisted and curled leaves.
    With the help of a little microscope we saw a consistently number of eggs, males and females of Steneotarsonemus pallidus, also known as Banks as we could see on web.
    The new shoots appears yellowish, twisted and sick.
    Symptoms were similar to TMV Virus but investigating we realized there were plenty of mites.

We have performed a treatment with a product named Flortis with a base of Deltamethrin, one time a week for three time. Apparently they were decreased and we performed a restraint with BioProtect from GHE one time a week till yesterday.

Now we have like an invasion of the f**cking bastards! What can we do at this point? Throwing away all the 40 plants or fighting with them risking the yield?

Thanx for the attention.
    Please help us Guys!

My first thought would be can you drop the temp and humidity?

Edit fight mites with mites
    The phytoseiid mites, Amblyseius aurescens Athias-Henriot and A. cucumerus (Oudemans), are predators of the cyclamen mite (Jeppson et al., 1975)
    Last edited by Rwise; 03-05-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      My first thought would be can you drop the temp and humidity?

Edit fight mites with mites
      First of all thanx for your answer!!

Well, actually our setup is 25°(77F) and Rh around 60/65%, do you mean to set 20°(68F) and 40/45% Rh?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I have read on this bugs they like warm humid living areas, try those temp/RH if not gone in a week go lower. I would try to get 50-60*F and 25%RH,, but others have ideas also,,,

Howdy Capobanco, If You can purchase a product called Azamax, it is a plant based insecticide the interferes with the bugs reproductive cycle, eventually exterminating them. It can be used directly in a DWC reservoir where the plants can take it up and becomes systemic and it can be used as a drench or foliar spray. I have used it to get rid of Thrips , gnats, and a couple of 'unidentified' small worm like things I found.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey Capobanco, welcome to GWE, and no need to be sorry! It's one of the best parts of the forum communicating around the world. I found this info and hope it will help with your situation! Cyclamen mite
        Good Luck ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Hello hello everybody!
          Seems that we won the first round with those unpleasant animals.

Yesterday, with the help of a friend of us, we bought Zamir 18 with Abamectin 1,84%. It's a very powerful acaricide. Here in Italy you must have a specific Phyto - license.
          We use it by foliar spray above and below the pages of the leaves and also on the shoots, leaving the emulsion drip from the plant.

This morning, with the microscope, we saw this...

Abemectin paralise the mites and let them don't eat for about three days and then they die!
          In the photos you can see both Thrips and Broad Mites. They're stil alive but they can't move anymore.

In three days we'll repeat the treatment and probably we'll buy Azamax as prevention as it seems to work well from feedback on web.
          Let's keep crossfinger e fight!!

Thanx again for the support! Updates to follow.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you clean all those chemicals off your plant so one can smoke it?

Hi Rafi and Leo, and welcome to the forum! Those are disgusting beasts under the microscope!!! I wish you the very best luck in getting rid of them. Don't give up on your plants: Cannabis plants are amazingly strong and can bounce back from many different traumas!!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Ciao Ragazzi, hello everybody!

It's been a quite hard week.
            It seems that we get rid of those lil' fuckin' bastards!
            Abamectin solve our problem. It's chemical and we too don't like it. Before using it we tried to understand which was the product with less lack and better washout. Seems to be Zamir18.

We decided to prolong the veg for at least other 2 weeks so to "clean" the plants from chem.
            Observing with the microscope seems that the lil' animals are all paralyzed. And there's no evidence of some of them alive and moving.

Canuck147 ...it was the last thing to do, I don't want chem too but it help us. Throwing away a yield it's quite a disaster for us, we're starting right now...

We hope to get bloom without problems and then some photos!!
            Raffa and Leo

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the idea of postponing switching to 12/12 is a very good idea. Looking forward to seeing!

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey guys, glad to here you have things under control and on your way to flower time! looking forward to the photos. Good Growing !!

Hey Capobanco, I found this all organic soil pest control that may help for future grows. Just a thought. Good luck!! Good Growing !! https://www.planetnatural.com/product/microbe-lift-bmc/

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X