X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO The leaves are sick. Help me!

The underlying leaf is curled.

And it's getting dry.

There are two plants, both of which show the same symptoms.

How do we handle this? Please help me.

I'm doing hydroponics. It has been 24 days since I germinated.

Hey LaVince, here's three GWE sites for root problems ? Hope it helps ! Root Rot , 7-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing , Root Problems based on leaf condition.

Comment

Howdy LaVince, First off, what are the water and air temperatures? What is the humidity in the grow area? Is the reservoir water well aerated? And, what are the nutrients that You are feeding them and at what rate? In the first photo it looks as if there is clear air or water tubing, this could be a problem on its own. The clear tubing can act like a light 'pipe' and allow light into the reservoir. It does not take much light to get algae started. Is the top of the reservoir wood? If it is plywood or it is varnished, there could be problems from chemicals leeching out of the glue or varnish.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• LaVince
        LaVince commented
        Editing a comment
        @DW2
        The concentration of Ph is 4.8.
        The air temperature is 25C.
        The temperature of the water is 19C.
        Humidity is 45%.
        The above tree shape is only a sticker.
        The growing box is made of styrofoam.
        Put a plastic bag in the box and fill it with water.
        Currently, nutrients use 10ml of FloraMicro, 10ml of FloraGro, and 10ml of FloraBloom for 2gallon water.
        What's the problem? Help me.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        LaVince, The pH is WAY TOO low! It should be in the range of 5.5 to 6.5. The way I have been doing it is first, I check the pH of my tap water (yes, I use tap water with all of the minerals present) which usually ranges from 7.0 to 7.25 pH. I adjust it with pH down to 6.0 (this is one to two days prior to the actual feed). Secondly, I mix up all of the nutrients and supplements (I use the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom (dry nutrients without additional micro)) and then check the solution's pH (usually around 4.5 to 5.0) and then adjust the solution up to 6.0. I also keep one gallon of the adjusted water in the refrigerator over night to cool it down. I should mention that I am using a 10 gallon tote (filled to six gallons) for my reservoirs,
        The temperatures that You list should be O.K., but the pH is too low and with the slime developing on the roots, You need to fix the light leaks. It does not take very much light at all to allow the slime to start, I even cover up the Hydrotron rocks with aluminum foil to block out ant possible light infiltration into the reservoir.
        Do You have a way to drain the reservoir or do You have to pump the water out for the nutrient changes? How ever You do it, the water should be completely changed out every week to ten days (maximum) and topped off between feedings with only fresh pH'ed water.

What is your PH like? Water temps? Ambient temps? What is that wooden box top, does water touch it’s surface?
      So many questions...some more information is really necessary to diagnose any issue you might have here.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• LaVince
        LaVince commented
        Editing a comment
        @Toker1
        The concentration of Ph is 4.8.
        The air temperature is 25C.
        The temperature of the water is 19C.
        Humidity is 45%.
        The above tree shape is only a sticker.
        The growing box is made of styrofoam.
        Put a plastic bag in the box and fill it with water.
        Currently, nutrients use 10ml of FloraMicro, 10ml of FloraGro, and 10ml of FloraBloom for 2gallon water.
        What's the problem? Help me.

• LaVince
        LaVince commented
        Editing a comment
        @Toker1
        Help..

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never used styrofoam with a plastic bag for DWC... not sure if that is causing an issue...but I can tell you 4.8 is too low for hydro. Your PH range should swing between 5.5-6.5 at all times. Also, it’s good to have a benificial bacteria in the water. I think it would help out with your issue.
        Are your water temps constant? Or does it fluctuate?

If this is in ref to your original post, your roots seem to be in the beginning stage of rot due to bacteria growth. Not a very large root structure for 24 days . Seems like stressed for a while. JMO. Good Growing !! As a last ditch effort to save the plants until you get your system dialed in I would transfer to soil after a good root wash to save the plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X