Yellowing new growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing new growth

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can identify this problem..... 2 CB Dutch Treat, 33 days old, Golf Green soil with 10% perlite, 75w square panel led lights 18h. on - 16 inches away, temp. 23 degrees Celsius - about 73F. , RH up and down at 21 to 60 - mostly at around 47, Probably over-watered the poor things- PH at around 6.2 - 6.7, Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	295618 and a 2x2x4 tent........... Hopefully you can see in the picture that splotchy yellow mostly originating from the stem area on the new growth, which is also happening below the 'canopy' on the new growth; also the single and triple leaves on the bottom are about dead. I recently transplanted with a little bit rootbound into the larger pots, and these plants looked about the same before that........ Under the lights they look 80% worse , like they are burnt.......Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Christop; 03-02-2019, 01:01 PM.

You don’t mention pH ...is it within range that prevents nutrient lockout?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
      You don’t mention pH ...is it within range that prevents nutrient lockout?
      Ooops. Thanks Farmall. PH is around 6.2- 6.5....

Comment

I am kinda thinking a combination of rootbound and overwatering. Sprayed them with some CannabisRx today, it is made from worm castings. If the soil/nutes/overwatering is keeping them from feeding, at least I can feed them a little through the leaves. I also increased ventilation around the bottom of the pots to help them dry a little faster.

Comment

Worm castings are recognized as some of the best nutrients available. If overwatered, you can change out the soils. Which sized pots are you in now?

Comment

Any calcium/magnesium additive? Plants are root bound cuz of not enough perlite - need about 40% perlite. For next time.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
              Worm castings are recognized as some of the best nutrients available. If overwatered, you can change out the soils. Which sized pots are you in now?
              The pots are about 2 1/2 gallon, 8x10x10, with 18 1/2 " holes in bottom for drainage. I lifted them about 3/4 inch with some old drum-sticks on the trays to improve air circulation, and might have the RH dialed in at around 55%. I have never heard of CannabisRx Foliar spray before, but thought I would give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                Any calcium/magnesium additive? Plants are root bound cuz of not enough perlite - need about 40% perlite. For next time.
                No CalMag added. And you are right, not enough perlite. Soil is still wet after 2 days in new pots.

Comment

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  By changing some of the soil ( without tearing the heck out of the roots ) you can dry it up somewhat.

Looks like you have a bit of mosaic going on.
                hard to tell by the pic but it’s evident of leaf twist.
                im sure it only appears on some growth while other growth looks health?

if that’s the case it could be a virus or the dreaded tobacco mosaic going on?
                only reason I say this not to scare you is with the one sided leaf curl and mosaic patterned discolouration.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshelf View Post
                  Looks like you have a bit of mosaic going on.
                  hard to tell by the pic but it’s evident of leaf twist.
                  im sure it only appears on some growth while other growth looks health?

if that’s the case it could be a virus or the dreaded tobacco mosaic going on?
                  only reason I say this not to scare you is with the one sided leaf curl and mosaic patterned discolouration.
                  Thanks for responding, Topshelf. I am scared........lol. But, I think you may right. I do roll my own cigs sometimes, and I know I have not been as careful washing all the time. Today they look really bad, but I just got the General Hydroponics Trio; Floro, Bloom, and Micro. So, once my 6-7 gallons of water warm to room temp., I will flush them heavily, as I have read on this site that they might have a chance if it is not Mosaic Virus..... If flushing does not work............Maybe someone will have developed a vaccine for Mosaic before I have to say goodbye girls. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	296817

Comment

Originally posted by Christop View Post

No CalMag added. And you are right, not enough perlite. Soil is still wet after 2 days in new pots.
                    Thanks Farmall, Actually, good idea. I will carefully remove plants, remove as much soil as is 'safe', add a bunch of Perlite to some soil, and re-plant, as I finally got some good nutes today...... I might soak/flush the rootball before re-planting. If that doesn't help, maybe clean the roots of soil and start in new pots with fresh soil and more Perlite. Hopefully they don't have Mosaic Virus, cause I am no doctor...lol.

Comment

zinc-and-plant-growth.htm Posted this info on your other Post . Good Growing !!

Comment

• Farmall
                        Farmall commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well in discovering a text book case, I’d say you found it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X