Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant

My 5 month old 400 watt digital ballast wouldn't turn on MH bulbs, but has no problems with a HPS. The problem with that is that it's my veg tent with 3 week old clones. I emailed vivosun and they emailed me back within half an hour. A few emails later a new replacement ballast was being shipped to me. I got the ballast during work today, I was so excited to get home and set up the proper light for my girls! I opened the fuckin box and it's a 600 watt ballast! I have 400 watt bulbs! So back to emailing them I guess.
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

Umm a 600 watt ballest should still be able to run your lights mine has a multi setting feature that’s awesome.. what I think is going on is the enitual power needed to turn them on isn’t being met.. the 600 watt setting would burn it hotter though so would need proper venting.. my suggestion is get a ballast with multiple setting feature so you can switch between the two wattages

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      It is dimmable, but I don't feel like that's a great idea. I don't want to take the chance, thank you though.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have done it. It’s fine. Just don't exceed to rating on the bulb with the ballast. It’s still safe to be under the rating. Just don’t go over.

It’s fine to dim it but from what I have read you will have to replace your bulbs sooner. I’d say get what you paid for not what they want to give you. I have dimmed one of my bulbs from 600 to 400 but it’s used and too much for my small plants later I throw in my 400 watt bulb for flower.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention that if you are running bulbs specifically designed for plants, dimming will produce a spectrum that is not what the plant bulb was engineered to do. So kind of defeats the purpose. Of corse all this information only applies to long term usage. Just running a few days to get through a situation... the effects will be negligible.

You could always have them just send you a set of 600 watt bulbs. Lol
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what's happening now.

Spidermite great idea

Comment

Thank you everyone for listening. I tried venting about this shit people I know. No body else really cares enough about light to listen.
      I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
      *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
      If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
      So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
      shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

Comment

Sorry Jerry....I have always heard “when I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you”.

Comment

Well if they are sending 600 watt bulbs you made out really well.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X