Weird growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Weird growth

Hello. Weird looking growth on my plant. Week 3 of flower. Only one like it I see. Is it a swollen calyx or did she go hermie? Thanks for the help.

That’s a pollen sac that has started to open up. If it’s the only one, VERY CAREFULLY remove it. If you notice anymore repeat this process. But if you notice your plant over run with them. It’d probably be best to start fresh with a new plant. Unless you don’t mind seeds in your smoke. Because unfortunately my friend, you have a hermaphrodite. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It happened to me my first grow but I just kept picking of the pollen sacs, probably about 20 through the whole grow, but I eventually just didn’t see anymore. Can’t say that it will work for you. But if you want to keep it and try not to have seeds, that would be my advise. Otherwise, chop and start new or just let it be, if it’s the only plant in the area. Anyways, good luck with your grow and feel free to post a pic of the whole plant! Happy growing.
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

It likely could be a pollen sack just starting to open. Not good, but as juicyj89 said keep a very close eye on this plant. If no pistils emerge from that pod in the next few days then its a pollen pod for sure and you have a hernie. Sometimes females have pods that look like that but there are nice new pistils emerging from most of your plant so it's more likely a male pollen pod. Calyx's don't usually swell until the pistils get going really well and then later on towards maturity. This is something I always have to deal with since often I plant 50% regular seeds.
      If your seed stock is feminized your other plants are probably ok, but if you got all the same strain from the same breeder then keep a real close eye on the rest. I just had a female that started developing into a hermie and I was able to keep it under control by watching carefully and using a pair of tweezers to remove the male parts. After a few weeks it stopped making male pollen pods and everything went well from there.
      My plant may have started to go hermie because It may have been getting a little stressed by heat and light. Once I noticed the first pods I moved that plant to the outside edge of the grow room where It didn't get as much and as direct light and also so it was easy to get to and examine every day. A few days after I moved it the pods stopped developing. So that might help too. When I harvested it there were a few seeds so some grains of pollen escaped my attention. None of the other plants were affected. But if they keep popping out the best prevention is to remove the plant, get a vacuum and vacuum the floor, the planters. their trays and the walls of your grow room really well just in case some pollen got loose.
      If you do keep the plant and the pods stop developing you still need to keep a good eye on it- especially towards the end when your buds really get going_ then you need to watch for nana's toping out in your buds instead of at the nodes.
      Good luck and hope you can keep your plant. Cheers!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X