Blue Dream - Beginning Week 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Dream - Beginning Week 14

I may be able to pull this off. I am encouraged by what I'm seeing. The pics below are just cell phone snaps. I own a bunch of camera equipment. You'd think I'd get off my ass take some actual pictures as would be consistent with my other hobby. But no. These are cell phone pics that have been touched for color and contrast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190225_224431.png
Views:	487
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	294637

The canopy.

Name:	BD Week 13b canopy 20190225_212703.png
Views:	479
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	294638

Some misc closer shots of the buds.

Name:	BD Week 13b bud 1 20190225_212703.png
Views:	479
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	294639

Name:	BD Week 13b bud 2 20190225_212703.png
Views:	484
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	294640

Name:	BD Week 13b bud 3 20190225_212703.png
Views:	475
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	294641

So, that happened. I still have a few inches between the top of the plant and the light. There is one stem that is seriously dominant and has been bent over. It's producing the biggest, densest buds.

I had planned to try a photoperiodic strain at some point, but I wouldn't have tried it in a 5-foot tent with a 24" reservoir. Yield will be compromised. Question is: how much?

I need to pull all these posts into a diary or something. More later.

Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

So I’m sure you might have posted it elsewhere but I don’t feel like looking haha so, what are the rest of your tents dimensions? Light watt/model? Because if your tent is bigger than it looks or even if it’s not, IMO you could grow a photo plant. You would just have to use the ScrOG method. I’m sure you’re familiar with this but if not, a tutorial is on GWE if im not mistaken. Idk. Again just a personal opinion. I’m sure someone else will chime in.

On another note, your plant looks amazingly healthy! Only slightly burnt tips but hey, I’ve heard growers say they prefer so they know their plants are getting all they can at the least. I do it too. And lastly, for a phone, it has a pretty wicked camera! Can I ask what it is? You should take some pics in natural light!
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Originally posted by Juicyj89 View Post
      So I’m sure you might have posted it elsewhere but I don’t feel like looking haha so,
      And who could blame you? I really need to pull these posts together into a central place.

what are the rest of your tents dimensions? Light watt/model? Because if your tent is bigger than it looks or even if it’s not, IMO you could grow a photo plant.
      The tent is 2' x 4' x 5'. The res is a 30-gallon tub from the local big box store. I'll find a link to a post with pics and such and attach that.

You would just have to use the ScrOG method. I’m sure you’re familiar with this but if not, a tutorial is on GWE if im not mistaken. Idk. Again just a personal opinion. I’m sure someone else will chime in.
      I am familiar. Looking at SCROG for my next grow - Northern Lights auto.

On another note, your plant looks amazingly healthy! Only slightly burnt tips but hey, I’ve heard growers say they prefer so they know their plants are getting all they can at the least. I do it too. And lastly, for a phone, it has a pretty wicked camera! Can I ask what it is? You should take some pics in natural light!
      Thanks for that. For my first grow of any type, I'm rather proud. The situation with the light is what it is. And the light seems just barely big enough to do the job.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Yup, it's old. I'll replace it eventually, but I've always liked this phone.

Edit - the light is a VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series V600 600W LED Grow Light.

Last edited by madams9; 02-26-2019, 01:13 PM.
      Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Here is the interior of the tent showing the exhaust fan the webcam, etc.

Name:	20190212_234320.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	294756

Comment

Its looking like you will probably get some nice buds in another month or so. I think you mentioned your going to try a scrog with an auto for your next grow. A photoperiod plant would likely be a better choice. The issue is that for a scrog to work best you need to do some fairly intensive training. A friend who does scrog tops her plants 2x, uses LST and ends up having to do some super cropping as well. This might put an auto behind during veg too much to get good growth before it switches into flower mode. I don't do scrog myself but from what I've seen what others do successively that'd be my suggestion_ for what its worth!
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
            Its looking like you will probably get some nice buds in another month or so. I think you mentioned your going to try a scrog with an auto for your next grow. A photoperiod plant would likely be a better choice. The issue is that for a scrog to work best you need to do some fairly intensive training. A friend who does scrog tops her plants 2x, uses LST and ends up having to do some super cropping as well. This might put an auto behind during veg too much to get good growth before it switches into flower mode. I don't do scrog myself but from what I've seen what others do successively that'd be my suggestion_ for what its worth!
            You're probably right. I have 5 NL seeds. I may just root 2 of them in the res and let them go. What's the worst that can happen

Comment

Go for it. Just keep an eye on them since they are feminized then you should be fine. Watch for early signs of any kind of stress_ that can trigger hermie's, And if you get one you already know the alternatives so you can deal with that or trash_ the worse that can happen is you get hermie's or females. If you discover and identify the males/ hermies before the flowers open up and release pollen you'll be fine.
              Unless they develop nana's once the buds get going. Then you'll need to remove them because they can release pollen without forming flowers as a kind of last ditch effort at pollinating themselves.
              The good thing is if you find them a week or two before harvest its usually not a problem because seeds will not have any time to develop before you take them down. I've had a few like that and the worst was one plant that got about 6 seeds. Good growing!
              Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X