ScrOG frame? Thinking outside the box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScrOG frame? Thinking outside the box.

Went shopping with my daughter at IKEA and came across a scrOG frame for 30$ Leave the cover on or take off and put frame in your Grow tent or room. Its like an emergency grow room with a few modifications.
    Maybe box out with wood and add a door, etc. etc. Food for thought ! It's actually for garments.

No ventilation or supply ports plus no reflective material inside tent big drawbacks.

Comment

I just showed the entire unit as purchased but It was more about the frame ! It could be used inside an existing tent or room as a unit for ScrOG growing. This will fit inside a 36"x36"x80" tent, It will separate in half and you can use just the bottom racks. Top has all necessary for hanging lighting/fans, side bars to mount fans lighting. The frame would fit in a closet for that secret grow etc. for $30. Your only limited to your imagination !
      Good Growing !!

Comment

Does it come in white? It wouldn’t b bad, for a veg tent, or a Scrog as mentioned
      Last edited by Potted; 02-22-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it does.

So after my 30$ purchase and some left over items and thinking outside the box Here is what I came up with. Took about 1 hr to complete not including interruptions. Did This Solely for Auto Flower due to minor light leaks and it won't bother the grow. It can be used as ScrOG or just a small auto grow. "NOT FOR PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS" Here are the photos. Hope you get Ideas !! Good Growing !!

Comment

Not to bad at all, grow well and prosper my friend 😎

Comment

Well it turns out the $30 investment was worth it and the results are too. This is a photoperiod started 2/13/19 in organic soil. I forgot and watered with nutes and had a lockout right away. Flushed it with 2 gal plain tap water un-ph'ed and problem is going away. Back to the garment cab. Biggest expense was 300w led $60. It has worked out fantastic as I have a photoperiod plant on 18/6 and has been growing fantastic. It turned out better than I thought ! I will transfer # 6 to the outside and replace with an auto flower while my Tsunami takes up the big tent. Thinking outside the box! Good Growing !!

Comment

This is really cool - and a great MacGyver

I was thinking about having a small veg room or a mother plant if I hit upon a strain we loved. This seems like a great solution. What was the reflective stuff you wrapped with? Any other key parts to list?

Comment

Hey billyboy, thanks for the comp ! This is my second DIY cab, the first was an office cab that worked fantastic but no room in the house (in shed) and had to deal with to many temp swings in winter. The present clothes garment cab is cloth outer cover that slides on with open bottom and steel frame. The rack has two hight's (picture shows highest) and made of steel. I installed a 4" exhaust fan and intake (exhaust top/intake bottom) . With the open bottom the intake is to circulate cool air as the exhaust removes the heat from the top. The insulation is rapped around the frame and wire tied around the steel frame. 300w vivosun Led light hung from top on pulleys. cover on rack is removable to use the scrogg. Too cut the door slid the cover on and cut to cover opening and left one side intact as the hinge. The original pictures above show the construction in post #6. Thanks for the interest ! Some photos attached and insulation info. Good Growing !!
              Last edited by Colombo; 03-30-2019, 11:51 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

Well the box is doing real nice and # 6 seems to be loving it also as she is growing like wildfire ! # 6 is a mystery Photoperiod seed that appears to be an indica strain but time will tell. I decided to try hands on learning with toping and tying down to keep it within reason to its growing room. # 6 is currently at 46 days and has been groomed. Instead of planting outdoors she will live in the Box and finish there. She has survived 42* temps and has grown slow. She will soon take off as temp have been in the 70*s with the help of a small heater.
                The only way to learn is experiment, you might be surprised at what you find doing it !Photos attached. Good Growing

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cut off the two fan leafs on top about 1/2 inch away from the main steam.

• Colombo
                  Colombo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Take care of that in the morning ! Thanks you sir !!

Hello All ! Back with a quick up date with # 6 the mystery seed, She has been trimmed again and looking like a brick shithouse LOL The best part of this grow is just adding water every 4 days ! All organic ! The plant is literally stress free except for the trimming. As soon as it gets a little more hight I will change the time to 12/12 and see what she does. She has been in veg 2/13/19 to present. (8 wks or 56 days) She has been through temps as low as 45 and as high as 81. As a side kick what ever she produces is fine ! It was more to find out how well the tent worked and it does excellent ! The proof is in the Box ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Hello All ! Just an update on # 6 mystery seed. Trimmed some more off her and she is growing just fine. It is really nice to just give her tap water and not worry about ph, ing water. Organic soil is doing a really good job. Very robust growth. She loves the BOX ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Hello All ! An update on my mystery seed all organic just water in the Box grow. It in flower stretching very nice and will give its last training pulling all tops flat to finish flowering. I will post more photos after training with total days and flower. Thanks for the interest !
                    Good Growing !!

Comment

Hello All ! Back with an update on motel 6. It received a final defoile and pull down for a nice flat canopy for bud site placement. I missed my scheduled water and it dried a little more than liked but back on track. Due to the flowering stage and age of organic soil I added a top dressing of fresh organic soil for leaching and watered with tap water and unsulfured Molasses. (4 tbsp to gal tap water, self ph's at 6.4). Keeping it all organic ! Some photos of before and after the trim and pull down. Thanks for taking an interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Hello All ! An up date on Motel 6 . She was doing very well until some leaves started turning red. So I researched and it is rare but Molybdenum was the cause and being treated with a 6.5 flush and an organic feed as directed with a 6.5 ph in and out to boost the uptake. The buds are filling out and look real healthy. This girl was started in Feb. and has kicked ass with all the environmental changes she has dealt with. Attached are some photos. Thanks for taking an interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it cool about the leaf changes and the explanations of why this happens.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X