Air stones for soil grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Air stones for soil grow

Hello. First time in-door grower here. Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and if it helped..... Babies are 3 weeks old, 2 CB Dutch Treat Fem and 1 Crown Royale Fem. My tent is 2x2x4, humidity at around 39%-41% when tent is closed, temp. is around 23- 25 degrees Celsius, (73 or so F.), 2 Toplanet 75 watt led- white, blue, red light, small usb fan to move air around with a couple of lower ventilation flaps open, large open plastic coffee can of water for humidity ,PH tap water at 6.2- 6.5...... So, I figured I would try this...............A 2 outlet air pump with 3 airstones in the coffee can of water, with the air pumped in from outside the tent; I will see if this raises the humidity and cools the air a little. I am waiting for a couple of small usb atomizers in the mail to help with the lack of humidity issue................. I love my babies, I just don't want to "love them to death". Also sprayed some 1/3 strength Cannabisrx foliar spray the other day, didn't seem to hurt and may have helped with a little "leaf tacoing" that was going on....... I am also thinking I may add the air-stones to the bottom of my final pots to help introduce more air to the roots, not sure if that would help or not? Thanks for any advice or knowledge.

I would say the air stones in water would raised the RH, however as I have been told "air injectors" in the pot/soil will cause the plant to hermie (something I am doing) from stress. I have not yet put them to work, but will soon, my plan is to run the air just long enuf to get some male flowers and stop. This is new to me so,,,

Comment

OJH, did that,placed poris? Air tubing at bottom of pots and ran a pump to it, maybe he will chime in and tell more?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        And that is where I got my info, and air injectors!

What is a airinjectors? Anyway lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	293320 It looks to be made of bubble tubing for aquatics, place it in the bottom of the pot, add soil, hook to air pump,,,, make hermie,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          I would say the air stones in water would raised the RH, however as I have been told "air injectors" in the pot/soil will cause the plant to hermie (something I am doing) from stress. I have not yet put them to work, but will soon, my plan is to run the air just long enuf to get some male flowers and stop. This is new to me so,,,
          Thanks Rwise. The RH is up around 47% -50% now with the bubbler / air-stones and the donut atomizer. Temp. is around 22.5 cesius..... Looking to make seeds with your hermies? Save on space that way.....

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I m making seed, and do some breeding myself, for the fun of it.
            Like I have a Bruce Banner 3 (F3) I use some Himalaya Blue Diesel female pollen on and make the GF some autos. Rusty Glue also,,,

Originally posted by Potted View Post
          OJH, did that,placed poris? Air tubing at bottom of pots and ran a pump to it, maybe he will chime in and tell more?
          I was thinking fish tank air-stones, but his idea looks way better.....

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the parts can be found at the pet shops cheap enuf

I think air stones would clog up with watering?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X