Irradiated!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irradiated!?!

Ok folks I think my seeds are being irradiated within the USA. Why, I am only getting 50% germination, and of those many do not survive more than 10 days. IF I can get them to survive more than 10 days, I get a plant that looks polyploid. Such as this white widow auto has things like leafs deformed (2 centers in the leaf), the "north" side of her is as tall and fat as the center, the "south" side not. It was supposed to be finished near 65 days, she is 90 days old and needs 2-4 more weeks to be ready. (others have the same issue)
    I have reason to think I may be on the list,,,,,I can explain but would rather not,,,

I am seeing things as in this article,,

So anyone else think their seeds should be doing better? Or more to the point, do you think you are being irradiated within the USA?
    I am making a few seed to see if this is something I am doing wrong, or if my seed will jump up and grow!

Going to need much more info on how u germinate seeds? If thay were irridiated thay wouldn’t grow at all. imo

Comment

According to the article, some will still grow,,, I see what they are talking about here in my plants.
      I have soaked some seed for 24 hours, some for just 12, (I see no dif in final result) then to a rooter in a starter tray with humidity dome in a warm drat free place. IF I have sunshine I set them in that (vents open) and get the best/fastest results.
      Those that sprout show deformations, like the white moscow came up with the starter leafs grown together at the tips. I was about to pull it when it put out a single leaf, then another, the starters fell off showing 2 tops. She has recovered nicely with both limbs taller that stated for 1, but it is 60 days overdue and not even close. I expected them to go longer than was listed for them, but weeks not months!
      I dropped 2 Bruce Banner 3 seed, in the same water at the same time, both sank in a few hours, only got 1 (hope its a she, I can clone it!). The other seed still looked good, just did nothing after about 15 days.
      Dropped 8 autos got 4, but I dont know that they will live, first ones started growing after about 10 days. I'll know in a few days,,,,

Comment

Rwise, I'd find it kinda hard to believe that they'd take the time to put all packages--I mean, we're talking millions of packages daily--through irradiation.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

This can be done at the local PO with a microwave, toss in the package 30 seconds and stick in the POB.
          These is a new post master as well.
          In about 30 days I'll have fresh female seed from my plants to try. (I seeded a bud each on 4 plants). IF I cannot hatch these then I certainly have an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            Ok folks I think my seeds are being irradiated within the USA. Why, I am only getting 50% germination, and of those many do not survive more than 10 days. IF I can get them to survive more than 10 days, I get a plant that looks polyploid. Such as this white widow auto has things like leafs deformed (2 centers in the leaf), the "north" side of her is as tall and fat as the center, the "south" side not. It was supposed to be finished near 65 days, she is 90 days old and needs 2-4 more weeks to be ready. (others have the same issue)
            I have reason to think I may be on the list,,,,,I can explain but would rather not,,,

I am seeing things as in this article,,

So anyone else think their seeds should be doing better? Or more to the point, do you think you are being irradiated within the USA?
            I am making a few seed to see if this is something I am doing wrong, or if my seed will jump up and grow!
            Who did you get your beans from?

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              n420g, not that it maters

MSNL? Don't ever buy from them

Comment

• Potted
              Potted commented
              Editing a comment
              Or from the single seed company, that screwed up my order but good, and won’t respond when e mailed? I order one type of seed and got the another, wrong seeds as it’s marked on the label? I don’t think I should have to pay for the wrong seeds, I also told them I would return the seeds sent on my own dime..... so far no response A holes

Heres a question, is there something that can be put in the package/s with the seeds that will change colour or something? Anything to show when we get hit???!!

I will be starting 5 seed today, Mazar I Sharif, Colombian gold, Tajikistani hash plant, rusty glue f2, and a mexican. I think I will do these in 4 inch pots with soil.
            Last edited by Rwise; 02-21-2019, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              The Mexican was the first to sink, Rusty Glue about the same time, another 4 hours the Mazar I Shariff and Colombian gold, the Tajikistani Hash plant sank minutes ago. All nut the last one are in soil. (tap, tap)

• Serapium
              Serapium commented
              Editing a comment
              That's an excellent suggestion for seed banks to pick up on.

If I was hit with radiation, it was not a microwave! I just microwaved an empty package and those nice shinny labels show it, just like a CD! I stopped at 10 seconds, I know what those green flashes mean!

Comment

Just an update, 100% of Pauls seed popped, the Mexican "control" seed has not! The plugs and the starter box are headed to the trash, I am good with old school ways that work! The Bruce Banner 3 I had is male, another seed dropped, all of these were chosen for the nice volcano on them, not that I believe that works, but,,,,

Comment

They popped but are not growing,,,,
                So the testing begins, I found a ripe seed on the headbanger, soaked and sunk, plant this morning. Found another this morning (it was there last night, I just got excited and did not look) it is soaking now. These seed will be planted 1 in the current soil and 1 in soil from my garden (where I grew my fall crop). I am taking the rest of the seed from n420g and soaking them and they will all go in the garden soil.
                As to radiation, if they were hit it was before Paul got them as his labels will show it if they get hit after.

Comment

"So anyone else think their seeds should be doing better? Or more to the point, do you think you are being irradiated within the USA?
                  I am making a few seed to see if this is something I am doing wrong, or if my seed will jump up and grow!"

You might try having your seeds sent to a friend with another address to see if that resolves your issue. I know I am on a list not for "irradiation", but for confiscation. My last order I had sent to another address in another state to a dead man. Of course I had to pay UPS shipping again from that location. If you are old enough we've all been irradiated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._weapons_tests

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I cant say the seeds are being irradiated, but I can say I have read many folks saying they have the same issues I have. Using google to find some answers turned up articles on being irradiated, and the symptoms fit perfectly. Exactly what I am seeing here, maybe 50% pop, only a few of those grow most soon die, and those that do grow grow slow and have deformities,,, my 8-9 week girls will be 120 days the 24th (I may have slowed them down with not often enuf watering) BTW they have been in flower since week 5.
                    Last edited by Rwise; 03-20-2019, 05:27 AM. Reason: typing in the dark, my fingers cant see the keys,,,

At this time it looks like only the auto seeds are in question, as the photos I am getting near 100%, except for the BB3 50%.
                  The auto seeds I have generated are sprouting, the survival rate is much better in the sandy loam soil. So part of my issue (with survival after hatch) is/was the soil is/was to hot for seedlings, correcting and moving forward!

Comment

I doubt the post office , or any postal service is concerned about cannabis seeds, especially when they would confiscate them. It could be anything, probably at most just bad luck.

Comment

Rwise Just about fail safe. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17KMQI2P&psc=1

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is what I was using, I am now using the (new) soil I plant in with far better results.

• starramus
                        starramus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Rwise I guess I should have back tracked, and read the previous posts. You have one weird problem. Have never had an irradiation that I know of. Customs just usually steals my seeds. Have had some weird dwarf plants in the past. Just bad seeds in my guesstimation. Good l luck in your search for a solution.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X