No announcement yet.

New grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m getting a lot of new brown growth. 7 weeks into flower. Am I still on track? I reduced nutes on my last water.

Comment

20” away from the tops

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't look like you can raise it up to around 26"?
      You got the claw look to your Leafs I'd think about cutting out nitrogen if you can. Have you check up on your ph?
      Does your plant have "the claw?" The talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends are a sign that your plant may have nitrogen toxicity. Learn how to fix it.

• Geotropic
      Geotropic commented
      Editing a comment
      Your 300W Viparspectra uses only 130 watts. At 20", you are not giving them much light.

Do you have your temp 72-80 F and RH 50-60? In good soil, ph checks, flushing, and continuous nute supplements shouldn't be necessary. Bud production will require 3x the light levels you're getting with the one 300W light.

Im using FF Bloom nutes and I’m bringing the ph to low 6s, sometimes lower. I just use white vinegar. I can’t really do anything as far as raising the light, should I block some of the light with a reflector?

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Just ride out the light, tiger bloom? Alternating Water only and feeding?

• Geotropic
      Geotropic commented
      Editing a comment
      In soil, pH should be closer to 6.5. Don't reduce lighting, increase it.

Yes that’s correct, Tiger Bloom. Had Been Alternating nutes and ph water I’m thinking ill just begin to flush early.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi K, if you don't mind me asking , What organic soil are you using ?

black gold organic with perlite mixed in

Comment

I would not harvest early,on some plants I've seen it as a part of the plants end of life process. Although I don't think a P.h.ed water flush finishing with light nutes would hurt anything. Also if it's only a couple of the tallest and you feel it's a light issue maybe supercrop em? At any rate ride it out brother.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto what Primo said about not harvesting early. I have super cropped late in flower do to height from main cola to side branches. Really neat how that knuckle forms on the bend ( look like my arthritic fingers LOL)

Great advice. I’ll supercrop today and stick with light nutes. I appreciate all the help, fellow ents.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your good information. I think it's really helpful for me as a beginner gardener.

Comment

Update: because of the widespread nature of the brown leaves, I went with it being nute burn. I backed way off and I see some green coming back.
          How much longer until flush/harvest would you say?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I would say that you can flush, I can not see the buds clear enough to tell about harvest.

Some better shots of the buds

Comment

I would suggest mixing up some super soil for your next grow, and getting about 400 true watts of led light to beef up your yield. I also suggest you get a light meter to measure your light levels. Keep your VPD at recommended levels for stage of growth, and most of all, don't try growing at less than 68°F.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I need to try to get my temps up but when I last put a heater my 2x2 tent, I burned my girls. I have to figure out the geometry of where to blow the heat.
            I already have some clones in the tent now and I found some large brown spots on 3 plants. Any advice?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X