DWC Poll. Water Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC Poll. Water Level?

Heya all. About to populate a DIY 10 station RDWC with a top feed drip setup. I've seen answers all over the place so I thought I'd take an informal poll to get community wisdom.

How far below the base of the net pot do you keep your water level? Thanks for any input!

When they are young and roots are not submerged, 1-2 inches. When the roots start dipping into the water 4-5 inches.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I keep mine at about 3-4 inches when mature and just touching the net pot when the roots aren't sticking out yet. I start in rapid rooters so I just make sure the plug itself isn't submerged. I use smaller net cups though.

Comment

I agree with the others. Closer to bottom of net pots to start, then lower as plant gets bigger and roots don't have to find the water.
        Looks like a nice setup. Should grow some monster plants. DWC works great. I used simple plastic storage containers and lots of air circulation and grew some very nice plants in a closet.
        Your setup will really do well.

Comment

Howdy Serapium, I try to maintain the water level around 2 inches below the bottom of the net pots throughout the entire grow. The drip lines at the top (I run the drip lines at the bottom of the rockwool cubes to help prevent the stems from developing a rot or mold and algae growing on the tops of the cubes) will 'encourage' the roots to grow down into the reservoir. The main thing is to keep some of the roots exposed to the air. Good aeration of the water is important as well for both O2 absorption at the roots and to help keep unwanted microbes from taking over. Keeping the water temperature between 62° and 70° F will help to prevent brown algae from growing in the reservoir.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X