Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Ok. So my plants are in week 4 of flower and they have an odd symptoms arising on two out of three, of the plants. It’s almosy like severe nutrient burn, expect I’ve been using ffof soil the entire grow. I run off quite each feed so I don’t feel it would be a salt build up? The symptoms appeared almost simultaneously, and the third one is almost perfect with very minimal symptoms. My set up is 3; 7 gallon pots (2/3 are air pots, the other is plastic) using two 600w viparspectra leds. The grow tent is 2.5’ x 2.5’ x 5’ so it is fairly small for the amount of light in there (1200w total). I was away for work when my brother did the new set up and he turned both lights on full power. When I returned I noticed all of the “damage” and wasn’t sure what the hell happened. The ONLY thing I I can find or think of is light burn, but even then the symptoms don’t match much. I have not checked the ph runoff of the water in a few weeks, so I will do that with next water, but it’s always 6.5 going in and ffof has a pretty good buffer for ph flucations. Air circulation and exhaust is in the tent as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
    so you have not feed the plants, just water the Ffof at 6.5 ?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I would think that is a lot of light for that size tent. But if they were okay until now that may not be the problem. I use a single 600W in a small 20 X 30 X 60 tent.
      On soil grows I have heard it is good to NOT have runoff; that it depletes the soil of nutes? I'm just using soil for the 2nd time and I have found it is easy to overwater. I may go back to rockwool blocks that drain better and don't turn to mucky mud that I have to let dry out and slows down growth or worse.
      Maybe try some Cal Magic or egg shells on top of soil for calcium???
      ???

Comment

I agree with the light comment, 1200 watts of Led Vipra... is a healthy load of light for a small tent like you are running. Maybe go back down to just one. But looking at the leaves and how they are looking color wise anyhow, my guess would be maybe your runoff scenario. If you are only using the FFOF potting mix and letting it runoff pretty much every time you have most likely depleted your nute"s inside your good soil and perhaps in turn caused a nutrient deficiency. Anyway all that to say to me looks like 1 of 3 things copper, potassium, or calcium def... or a combination there of. This is coming from a quick glance at the sites plant problem guide which you may want to check out for yourself if you haven't already. The guide can be a nice little tool for plant problems and questions you may have in the future.
        Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

Hope this was helpful and not confusing.

Comment

Not to be contrary or disagreeable, I agree with light suggestion and I am trying something different with this soil grow. I am NOT watering to where there is runoff, but just moistening the soil as little as possible and putting holes down into the soil with a pointed stick - drumstick since i am a drummer and have tons of drumsticks around - so water and nute mix can get down into roots. As little water as possible. I have barely given them any water compared to the past, and the plants are growing very well. Maybe 1/2 cup a day in week 4-5.

Comment

I have been using cal mag every other feed, but no other nutrients at all. It would be odd that the one plant started to show symptoms due to lack of nutrients (I just re potted it) and it seems to be the worst one. I do have both the lights on half power at the moment to try and solve the issue but it’s been about a week, and no improvement. And may even have gotten worse. I do runoff every time I feed so maybe I’ll try to use less water. (About 2.5 - 3 gallons for a 7 gallon pot

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Nute burn can be worse when a plant is under a lot of light, the two lights you have are probably only a actual draw of around 600 watts total but that a lot of light for the foot print of your tent. You could probably get it done with one of those lights in that tent.
              What is a manufacturer's recommended distance? If the probloms have gotten worse since you transplanted you may need to consider a flush
              It's a good idea to change one thing at a time so start with the light and see if it's "not worse" in a couple of days, if if it's getting worse flush.
              Good luck.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Light bleaching is similar to bleached hair from spending ample time under the sun. Read for more information on how to prevent and solve light bleaching.

I believe it is to late to do foliage feeding ( to see if it is a nutrient deficiency) so are there any more recommendations? I will look at the guide a little bit more to see if it is a copper deficiency. I appreciate the feedback you guys

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't Spray them with any thing right now.

This is from the GWE Plant Doctor info from the link above posted by Trimmings426:

"Nutrient deficiencies make light burn worse!

If you see light bleaching and unhealthy discoloration only on the parts of the plant directly under your grow light, or only on older leaves that are exposed to the light, it often means it’s too bright for your plants and you should move your grow lights further away! If your plant is also having other problems, it is much more likely to be affected by light burn. A healthy plant can withstand higher light levels than a sick plant."

Comment

What are your temperatures like in the grow area? Could it be from heat?
              Too hot for your cannabis in the grow room? Learn how to save your plants from heat stress with a variety of techniques as well as certain supplements!
              Last edited by TLP80905; 02-18-2019, 02:31 PM. Reason: include link

Comment

there starving . Feed them hungry girls some p and k .

Comment

Stump may be right if you have been only giving plants Cal Magic. The plants have most likely used up much of the soils nutrients and watering to runoff may have leeched off the rest. The Cal Magic may be what they need, the least, unfortunately if you use tap water. If you filter water to zero or use distilled water which is usually not recommended, ad the Cal Magic but get some other nutes, quick.
                  What kind of nutes do you have?
                  If you have any and have a grow store near you, Maxi Grow by GH is a good option as well as the GH Flora Nova series grow and bloom. Those are the ones I am familiar with but others will work fine too.
                  Those guys usually can help with problems but if you are in a less than legal state, you may have to get things from Amazon and find online help on here.

Comment

I repotted the one plant with new ffof soil about a week ago, still showing same symptoms others not nearly as bad? I did leave it in its previous pot for a longgg while without any nutrients beside nitrogen and calmag. The temperature in the grow tent sits around 65 so it’s not a heating issue. It may be due to light burn. The one reason I believe it is is because TLP80905 said any deficiency is increased by light burn, and the plants stretch was so much it’s probably about a half a foot under the light... I recently ran out of my last nutrients from fox farm trio, so I will head to my local hydro shop and grab more hoping it fixes the issue. I’ve just never seen a potassium/phosphorus deficiency quite like this one. Thank you for all advice and input!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X