Hermie shows up on my "Quasar Haze"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie shows up on my "Quasar Haze"

once in a lifetime 'Quasar Haze' indoor winter grow and this dreaded nanner shows up at 8 weeks into flower... and six weeks to go,...
    shes frosty as can be already, I hope I can keep up with them, snip snip, snip

Hey Red, that sucks real time ! Not a good time to find them. Had the same thing happen on a grow. at 4 weeks left What type of seeds, Auto/Fem , Fem ? Hope you can keep up! It's where you don't see them that gets you! Hope it all works out. Good Growing !
    Last edited by Colombo; 02-14-2019, 01:38 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

• RedFlannelHippie
      RedFlannelHippie commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Colombo, more on this girl is under another thread at https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...es-misbehaving
      Basically, shes a mistake that's been hogging space and valuable light in my tent. If she wasn't covered with such heavy Trichome coverage, I'd have chopped her down and cut my losses. Recent taste test, two hits and fully stoned.... just not used to not having bulky buds...

It's not the death of good bud, either. I got nanners on one grow, fairly late in flower because many of the seeds were under-developed, and the bud was excellent.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RedFlannelHippie
      Editing a comment
      I was able to trim out most the nanners, I also fixed a couple of pin hole light leaks in my tent and that appears to have fixed that issue...

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      RedFlannelHippie You probably already know that those light leaks may have caused the nanners...

I had "discovered" hermi's on my own. But this final grow (see my post) I got nanners and worse. I had feminized my own weed just by picking the males and; still getting a few seeds, which went on to the next generation, etc. It wasn't too bad for several grows until this one. The upshot of it was that I could easily control it, never got enough seeds to kill bud growth. At first the males showed up all alone between nodes. Then beneath nodes to include clusters. Then nanners, Now actual male flowers open inside the buds, total stealth! I've ordered "femanized" seeds and now you've got me scared!!!

Comment

• RedFlannelHippie
      Editing a comment
      I did a taste test on this plant cause its so crazy (see additional post re: this same girl: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...es-misbehaving ) We are only allowed a total of 4 plants in veg and 2 in flower here in our state so I always want the best results for the efforts involved. My auto/fem seeds were ordered online and I got enough for a couple of grows. Here's hoping the next round is on target.

Howdy RedFlannelHippie, It is not the end of the world. A few seeds just means that You have Your own 'feminized' seeds for another grow. I'm own my third grow using the 'nanner'ed' seeds from other grows and I have had good results in both yield and quality. Maybe not as good as some hybrids available today, but good enough for my needs. I'm just an paranoid old hippie and do not like to get 'contraband' thru the mail or by interstate delivery, after all, it is still illegal to the feds (and in my state).
    Don't worry, be happy!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• RedFlannelHippie
      Editing a comment
      trimmed out the nanners, fixed some pin hole leaks, and no more nanners since. I'm in week 9 of this crazy plant, and while she is smokable, I can't wait to get back to my schedule. I was hoping for two rounds of auto/fems before my spring starters for transplant outdoors.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X